Anybody belong to Microsoft Rewards?

NFriday

Somehow when I got my new Dell desktop in August, I got talked into signing up for Microsoft Rewards.  I do use Microsoft Edge and Chrome, and I was using Firefox, but my firefox is not working right now, and they say I am going to have to uninstall it and then reinstall it, and I haven't gotten around to it.

I get emails from Microsoft fairly frequently that I am getting so many points.  Is the program worth it.?  Right now I see I have 527 points, and I need to get 5,000 points before I can get a $5 GC.  Are the gift cards only good on Microsoft products?  I can't get excited about getting a $5 GC that I can only use at the Microsoft store.

I joined over 5 years ago. I can get Amazon gift cards. Not sure if that is still possible. It's worth it to me for the few minutes it takes per day. Takes me around 16 days to earn a $5 gc. It's to the point now that it is easier and as lucrative to do MS Rewards than Tellwut. Which tells you how much Tellwut has gone downhill of late.

• Like 2

They have a $10 AMC gift reward, we have a theater near us, so I could still try for that, but I just Amazon for now.  I do all I can, but being on a MAC computer, I can't do some of the stuff they ask for.  I get around 300 points per day.  I find that it adds up pretty quickly.  Also, if I make a goal everyday, I get a bonus after a few days, it is around 105 points.  I remember when I started with them and I got like a $25 Bath and Body gift card.  They had a lot of cool ones back then.  Then they stopped having those and I didn't do anything with them for 18 months, but when I went back into it, they at least had the AGC. 

1 hour ago, rosiesmom said:

They have a $10 AMC gift reward, we have a theater near us, so I could still try for that, but I just Amazon for now.  I do all I can, but being on a MAC computer, I can't do some of the stuff they ask for.  I get around 300 points per day.  I find that it adds up pretty quickly.  Also, if I make a goal everyday, I get a bonus after a few days, it is around 105 points.  I remember when I started with them and I got like a $25 Bath and Body gift card.  They had a lot of cool ones back then.  Then they stopped having those and I didn't do anything with them for 18 months, but when I went back into it, they at least had the AGC. 

I use a MAC and an Android phone for the Edge mobile points. Never had an issue with PC search or anything else with MS Rewards on a MAC. What is it it you cannot do?

I couldn't download the Edge thing, and I tried several times.  So I tried again today and Tah-dah!!  I downloaded it.  So now I get 600 more points per month.  This is just weird, I couldn't do it until today.  But their rewards are still lacking. 

• 3 years later...

Does anybody still belong to Microsoft rewards?  I think the only thing I get points for is searching on Edge.  The group that I sing with they are one of the nonprofits that is part of rewards.  They get some money every month because I search on Edge.  I still have some points that for some reason have not gone to them, and they are in my account.  I should cash them out for an Amazon GC.  Is there any other way I can accumulate points other than using Edge to search on my computer?  I don't use my smart phone a whole lot, and I never search on my phone.  

• 1 year later...

I'm still a member. My favorite reward is the $5 Walmart e-gift card.  I use Bing for searching so much that it doesn't take very long to start accumulating points.  Plus, I enjoy taking the quizzes if any are interesting.  I just make sure to check my dashboard every day and keep up my streak.

• 5 months later...

I just want to remind people about Microsoft Rewards, you get 150 points per day for searching on Edge, and you can trade them for gift cards, or you can donate the points to a nonprofit on their list.  I think I need to trade some points for an Amazon GC.  I think I have 56,000 points accumulated.

• Like 1

I got a $25 Amazon card and the same amount in a Walmart card on their site.  I have the app and I get more points from that.  I think it's like 330 points per day and if you do all the assignments, not hard stuff at all, after so many days you get a 150 point bonus.  But they are sneaky.  I have had them add things on the assignments portion and I didn't realize it, so I lost my count. 

• 3 months later...

It's worth it, to me. I use the points for my Christmas shopping every year. I get a least 60 to 70 dollars.

So I noticed starting in December that I wasn't getting anywhere near my 310/330 points per day.  I could search all day and get nothing.  I was lucky if I got 100 points.  I kept looking around and finally last week I found an update.  They no longer have the 5 and 10 point quests, they are now 1 and 2 points.  You can only get 3 searches in during a set amount of time.  I could get like 2 searches on the BING app on my phone, that used to be 100 points for 20 searches.  They did away with the edge search app on the phone, so I deleted it.  I also read people were getting tired of waiting to cash out, apparently for some, that was slowed down as well.  So, I deleted it all from my phone, and have quit spending my days searching and waste my time doing other survey related stuff.  Bye bye Bing!

This group that I sing with gets money when I search with Bing, and so that is why I continue to do it.  I personally have more problems with Edge shutting down on me than I do with other websites.