My survey experiences/rewards

heather57

Have just joined Survey Police (which is excellent, thank you) and thought I would let you know of my experiences:

Crowdology - excellent - send regular (weekly +) surveys - when you reach £4 you can redeem to paypal - this is paid instantly into your paypal account (minus a small commission). Would highly recommend. Have earned £35 since joining in July 09). Have had a couple of products to test and keep (plus the money for the initial survey and follow up)

you gov - very good - sends regular (weekly) surveys - the only problem is that you can only redeem at £50 - I am at £45.75 since joining in March 09)

Synovate (Global Opinion Panels) - not such regular surveys - but have had lots and lots of products to test (which are yours to keep for free), pays by BACS into your bank - have earned £5 since March 09, and am a few points off earning my 2nd £5. Would recommend if only for the free products.

Mindmover - doesn't send surveys very often, and I don't seem to qualify when they do. You can redeem at £20 and since joining in March 09 have only reached £13.45.

Pinecone - excellent - highly recommended - pays £3 per survey (paid almost instantly by paypal, or luncheon vouchers).

Also get fair amount of products to test (and keep), and get paid £3 for the initial survey, then another £3 to rate the product! Since joining in May 09, have earned nearly £100.

Ipsos - recommended - although you have to keep a note of surveys done as they are not brilliant at awarding you the points, this has improved since they revamped the website recently. Pays me in Argos vouchers and since March 09 have had £60 in vouchers.

Toluna/Ciao - you need to do this on a daily basis, as I never seem to qualify for the surveys they send me. However, you can give your views daily on a variety of subjects, which rewards you with points. Since joining in April 09 have had £30 of Debenhams vouchers (which take about 3 months to arrive). When Ciao merged with them my credits seemed to 'disappear', but prior to that Ciao were offering me daily surveys which paid 10p for 20mins plus! Toluna send me approx 6 surveys per day, and even if you don't qualify, you can earn points by answering their polls on the home page.

Rewarded Opinions (formerly Home of Research) - avoid them - I think they are a con - it has taken me since May 09 to earn £20.40 via paypal and this payment has never arrived since requesting in August 2010 - they don't answer your emails - and reading the blog on Martin Lewis's website, they are a waste of space. Sent me lots and lots of surveys, but most of them seem to be interested in how many current bank accounts or credit cards you have - I wonder why?

Sprinboard - would recommend - I joined in May 09, and am at £22.75 (payable at £30 by cheque). The surveys are mostly about the state of today's government, environment, etc. and are very interesting.

Lightspeed - would recommend - pays by paypal from £3 (within a few days) - I joined in March 09 and have earned £56 up to now. You have to answer the surveys promptly as they soon close.

My Survey.eu (TNS) - would recommend - used to pay in nectar points but now have a variety of rewards, including vouchers. I joined in Jan 09 and have had 4000 nectar points and £10 in vouchers. Also had quite a few products to test and keep.

SurveyHead - took me since March 09 to get £15.90 which they paid by paypal after about 4 weeks. Not too bad, but don't rely on it for quantity of surveys.

Panelbase - took me since May 09 to get £12.70 which was paid by paypal after about a month. Don't send regular surveys, but seem ok.

Valued Opinions - keep an accurate note of what surveys you complete - they are not brilliant at awarding them, and you have to chase Isobel to award them! ~Send a reasonable amount of surveys but you have to get in quick - since joining in Nov 08 have had £40 of Argos vouchers from them.

There are lots I would tell you to avoid like the plague - Opinion Surveys, Your 2 cents panel, Vindale, Email inform, Neilson net ratings, My Home Commute, Opinion World, Voice in a Crowd, opinion Square, My Home Commute, Consumer Lifestyle Surveys, TV Viewpoint Panell, Research Opinion Poll, and many more!

Hope this helps some of you - would welcome advice as to any good ones I am missing out on! The secret is to set aside a couple of hours a day to do the surveys promptly, and keep records of what you have done.