Socratic Forum following the pack

NotRichYet

I hope this is an aberration, but, Socratic Forum, which has always paid very well, has started sending out sweeps. This is the worst I've seen so far:

We're inviting you to participate in a new survey about healthcare.

As our way of saying Thank You, those who qualify and complete the entire survey will be entered into a drawing to win $100.

The survey is easy to complete and should take no more than 30 minutes of your time.

R U KIDDING ME?!?!?!?!? 30 minutes of providing personal health information for a lousy sweeps entry?!?!?!?!?

GMAB!!

I know what you mean...I completed a survey the other day...I used to get $5 surveys to complete..now they're down to $3 plus before they used to put the money in the account instant...now I get this response that it's gonna take 2-4 weeks before the money gets in there....I think they're going into the crapper....

Yeah, I got that one too. All I could think was "what are they smoking?'

As to the 2 to 4 weeks, wow! I was told it would be six (6) to eight (8) weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a feeling that this company is going to fold...my god, I'm lucky if i get a survey invite from this company every

4-6 months...then after reading the posts it's going take anywhere from 2-8 weeks to get your money in your account..let alone cash out....

I have a feeling that this company is going to fold...my god, I'm lucky if i get a survey invite from this company every

4-6 months...then after reading the posts it's going take anywhere from 2-8 weeks to get your money in your account..let alone cash out....

I agree, they used to be a quality company. There is just too many people that will work for almost nothing. That is why all the companies are taking this route. If I could get some of these people to drive nails for me for free, why would I be dumb enough to pay my guys? I started doing this a few years ago in the winter when my business was slow, just to pass the time and used to make some good money. Now things have changed big time. Hell, even Pinecone lowered their pay from $5 to $3 per survey. I did 2 for them this week and they were both about 30 minutes each. They used to be about 10 minutes. At the end of the first one, they asked me how I liked their new format and I told them it sucked! I also told them they used to be one of the top companies out there, but now they had dropped their pay and were sending out never ending surveys. I also told them if they want to get honest and true opinions they need to get back to paying a fair amount for their surveys and I would not do 30-45 minute surveys for 3 dollars.

They may kick me out, but at this rate I don't care.

I agree...I've noticed a bunch of survey companies that I used to get a ton of survey requests from have all of the sudden just dropped off dramaticlly....I only have 3-4 good companies that send out regular requests any more...the others I either just ignore since they're not even worth doing the survey since 1 they either are worth peanuts or 2 they take months to credit your account.....Here's a list of 6 sites that I've kept around since they do pay up....

Angus Reid Forum ( need $50 to cash out) but you get quite a few surveys each month where none are less than $1-5

Opinion Outpost ..People seem to be having a hard time with them lately but I've never had any at all..always paid up

Global Test Market...another where you need 1000 points ($50 to cash out) but I tend to get a ton of their surveys

Pinecone...they used to send more surveys...now hardly any...but I still get $5 a survey..maybe cause I'm in Canada

Web Perspectives....Great company..no sweeps anymore..also point surveys...easy to cash out...only $10 needed..

Canada Talk Now ...also easy to cash out once you reach 100 points...a bunch of surveys each month....

I know what you mean...I completed a survey the other day...I used to get $5 surveys to complete..now they're down to $3 plus before they used to put the money in the account instant...now I get this response that it's gonna take 2-4 weeks before the money gets in there....I think they're going into the crapper....

Really I get creditted right away after I do a survey unless you are talking about payment. Well I wasent around when they were doing 5 dollar surveys but hey they hardly even send out surveys anyways but I will still do them do make a little extra off survey sites.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...