I'm starting to get a complex....

everbloomin1

It's been a bad couple weeks.... I've received about a zillion survey invitations, but have only qualified for one in several days. And it only paid $1. And most of them I spend up to 10 minutes completing them only to be directed to a page that says I don't fit the required demographic they were wanting - or the required number of people have already completed the survey. Hey! couldn't they tell me that after the first 5 seconds?!? Don't these survey companies already have all my information including shoe size and eye color? Why do they send me a survey I don't qualify for in the first place? then wait till I'm almost finished with the danged thing before they disqualify me? I spend a couple hours every day on surveys and I get zilch for my time.

My question is: Have survey companies always done this bait and switch thing? I've only been doing online surveys for 4 months now and I read all the complaints here about how so many survey companies are going down the tubes.... so, is this a recent thing? or am I just having a run of bad luck? Do you receive waay more survey invitations than you actually qualify for? or is it just me?

Those would not have happened to be OTX surveys would they? I got 4 of them from Global yesterday (Global is kind enough to tell you right there in the email that it is an OTX survey which makes me love them even more) and a couple more from MyView.

Personally I believe that survey takers need to start a revolt of sorts against OTX by not only not doing their surveys but by letting the venues that use them know that you will not be doing any of their studies. But that may just be me.

I didn't notice if they were all OTX or not. Since they come from everywhere and look different, I doubt it.

Did online survey companies used to be honest and pay well? Cuz all I'm seeing in the last few months are survey invitations for sweepstakes entries or screeners that state they will take 5 minutes to complete and lead to my getting more paid surveys, but those screeners actually take 20-30 minutes and I don't get paid one red cent. And then, when I finally get to a level where I can cash out, I have to do battle with the survey company to pay me the money I'm due. It's exhausting. I've been asking myself if I want to continue doing this whole survey routine. From reading here, it looks like all of you are unhappy.

the only company i have asked for a payment from recently is MyView. I get survey invites form them daily, I don't think any are OTX, they all pay, they even pay if you don't qualify (OK sure it is the equivalent of .10 put it's the thought that counts) and when i requested a pay-out via virtual Visa on a Monday, it was in my email box on Friday

Global sends me about six invites a day - more than half of which pay. I've been a member for less than a month but am halfway to their $50 payout. They do send their share of OTX surveys, but they let you know in the invite that it is from OTX

Survey Spot is a bit annoying lately with all of the .50 surveys and the fact the their web-store seems to be permanently temporarily closed.

What I don't understand is all of the companies that say they are having issues with Swift Visa Cards. the one that I got from MyView was from Swift so I have to wonder if the big problem is that these companies are not paying their bill.

Try not to get too discouraged it's not all bad! Despite what I said I still cash out about $50 a week on average... I'm finding most of my income is coming from 4 main sources; Lightspeed, OO, QuickRewards and MTurk.. The later is not a survey company, but they do have a lot of low paying university studies - they don't pay much, but they're fast and you always qualify.

The money IS out there but it's hard work! ... GOOD LUCK!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Try not to get too discouraged it's not all bad! Despite what I said I still cash out about $50 a week on average... I'm finding most of my income is coming from 4 main sources; Lightspeed, OO, Quickrewards and MTurk.. The later is not a survey company, but they do have a lot of low paying university studies - they don't pay much, but they're fast and you always qualify.

The money IS out there but it's hard work! ... GOOD LUCK!!!!

It seems to come in spurts. 2 weeks ago I couldnot seem to qualify for anything and last week and this week I have done well. I got 4 good PTs this week and several good paying surveys.

I do most of the university studies thru Mturk now also. They used to pay well but they have mostly gone to the dreaded lottery junk. They, like the survey companies have found out there are thousands of damn fools willing to do their studies for nothing. They used to pay very well but not anymore. I do them on mturk because at least you get 50 cents - a dollar for a 5 minute study. This is much better than a lottery ticket. Again the damn idiots, working for nothing have ruined a good thing. I just don't understand why people will work for nothing when they could be getting paid a fair amount. Can anyone tell me why?

I did so well over the summer, but I think I've made $1 in the last month. I could cash out in 3 different survey companies, if they'd move my points from "pending" to "earned" -- and as soon as they do, I'm cashing out and I'm gone. Well, for awhile anyway.

I started I don't know how many surveys over the weekend - 2 hours on both Saturday and Sunday - and never qualified for any of them. Or got that dreaded: "Sorry, but we've received the required number of responses" (after I've already completed 10 minutes of their survey!).

Enough with the rants. I'm tired of spending so much time at it and getting nothing. :(

Sounds like you are having a bad run of luck. I rarely go a day without qualifying for a few surveys. How many survey companies are you signed up with? I have found that I only qualify for around 30% of the ones I am sent and only attempt the ones that pay at least 8 dollars per hour. So much depends on age, kids, household, shopping habits and jobs. I have been in the construction business for years, so I get a lot of good paying surveys about construction and materials. I have a friend who retired and wanted help getting started doing this, so I got her started but she gave up after a couple of months because she couldnot qualify for any. Like I said she is retired, with no kids at home, and healthy. Thats not the type of demos they are looking for. I wish I could help you but I don't know where to start if you are signed up with the top companies. Good luck to you, hope things get better.