What do you do?

JustFenix

so, I just finished this survey.... they wanted to know if I had ever heard of various organizations yes, yes, no, yes, no

Of the ones you have heard of, how familiar are you with them....

Now comes the good part... they pick the two groups that I have heard of but state that I am VERY unfamiliar with and proceed to ask me to rank from 1-10 their effectiveness in an ungodly number of categories. Unfortunately .... Did you freaking listen, I don't know squat about them is not a sideline option so the only way to honestly answer would be straight lining the survey down the middle. of course this tends to get you flagged with with the organizations....

There have been 3 or 4 this week with stuff like this. My fav was one where I said I had no interest in trying a product, knew nothing about it and then wanted me to choose whether each wonderful glowing statement applied better to brand a or brand b of said disgusting, I have no interest in it whatsoever product... no third, I have no idea which is more fun at parties, holds it's liquor better and pays it bills option to pick.

So the question is, when a survey does not actually enable you to be honest.... what do YOU do?

This is a design flaw in many of the surveys, and why I much prefer those that give space to actually write something. Like you I tend to to go straight down the middle with the 'unknowables' ... I don't see any other option until somebody designs surveys that are as intelligent as the people who answer them! :wink:

I know what the OP is talking about. I tell them I never heard of a company or product and then they dismiss those I have heard of or used and want me to rate those I never heard of on 5000 characteristics.

Please stay in school and get an education or you will find yourself creating surveys.

What would I do? Well, just this morning, I hit the X in the right-hand corner and closed a survey. On one page it asked which auto insurance I had and gave a list of 4 major insurance companies - at the bottom was a box "none of the above." I don't have insurance with any of those companies, so I checked the "none of the above" box. On the very next page, the question was: Since you have stated that you have State Farm Insurance, we would like to ask you several questions about State Farm's service.

Helloooooo.......? I said I did NOT have State Farm. Weren't you paying attention??? Since the rest of their questions will focus on State Farm, there's really no point in my continuing, is there?

What would I do? Well, just this morning, I hit the X in the right-hand corner and closed a survey. On one page it asked which auto insurance I had and gave a list of 4 major insurance companies - at the bottom was a box "none of the above." I don't have insurance with any of those companies, so I checked the "none of the above" box. On the very next page, the question was: Since you have stated that you have State Farm Insurance, we would like to ask you several questions about State Farm's service.

Helloooooo.......? I said I did NOT have State Farm. Weren't you paying attention??? Since the rest of their questions will focus on State Farm, there's really no point in my continuing, is there?

Oh I had that happen to me too

This is a design flaw in many of the surveys, and why I much prefer those that give space to actually write something. Like you I tend to to go straight down the middle with the 'unknowables' ... I don't see any other option until somebody designs surveys that are as intelligent as the people who answer them! :wink:

I do that also

i do that or sometimes just quit, especially if it's a variation of a survey i've done before and i know it will be long, boring and tedious