Not Comfortable with Questions About My Place of Business

elph37

:!: Lately I've been getting a lot of surveys from various companies, one of which is MyView but they're not the only ones, who begin a survey in such a way that it looks like an ordinary 'we haven't heard from you in a while, are you still into this' type of profiler, only to start launching into a series of really intrusive questions about where I work and what my employer buys. Surely they know most people working for a company of any size sign non-disclosure agreements that would legally prohibit answering some of the questions in those surveys. What on earth do they want with that information anyhow? Also, I don't appreciate the bait and switch approach with those surveys, like they know I wouldn't answer those questions right off the bat, so they're going to try to sneak them in on me. I wish they'd stop springing those things on me.

You can tell right away with MyView, generally those surveys are in the 4000 -8500 range. You have to remember that some people are business owners, others are IT techs for non IT related companies that do not require NDAs. From the ones I have done, they seem to be looking at IT and data storage trends.

Just like in any other survey, the sponsors are just trying to get a better grip on their target market. They ask more detailed questions than a shampoo study because of what is at stake and how fast trends and technology changes these days.

Data storage questions don't bug me near as much as a cosmetic company wanting access to my Facebook and Twitter accounts.

I've received a few surveys lately that ask for my company's name, address, and how much money they made last year. As soon as they start asking about my place of employment, I close the survey. I'm done.