Toluna took some of my points-need advice

footfree

First I need to hear from them before going to the BBB -I just contacted them about this.I had 56,750 now I have 41,250.There use to be a thread on this topic but I cant find it.I know others have had this problem and I wonder what was done about it?Also do points expire?

First I need to hear from them before going to the BBB -I just contacted them about this.I had 56,750 now I have 41,250.There use to be a thread on this topic but I cant find it.I know others have had this problem and I wonder what was done about it?Also do points expire?

Don't hold your breath on them responding anytime soon! I don't know if they have points expire or not? But if I were you I just go ahead and file a complaint against them!

points do expire

The reason I don't do a lot of their surveys is that they are very low paying.I will not do a 30 minute survey for 3000 points.

Just looked at my points and the majority of them are due to expire.I know they took points away but on the points page they don't tell me which ones were taken.So at this rate they can keep taking them and I have no idea which ones they are taking and how long they will keep doing it.I have 41.250 points and I'm about to say screw you.I have no intention of doing your surveys if I dont know what points you are going to be taken away or already have been.At that rate I'll be doing their surveys for free!

So here is my answer to my question about rewards expiring

Dear member,

On October 27th, points were removed from your account balance because they had expired under the Toluna points expiration policy. According to Our Terms and Conditions:

Points expire and become cancelled and forfeited under the following conditions: 1) your cancellation of your panelist account at Toluna USA,2) if after registering for the Toluna USA panel you become “inactive” for 6 months from the date of registration, 3) If at any time which is more than 6 months after registering for the Toluna USA panel you become "inactive" for a period of 12 months, and iii) each Point award will expire and be forfeited regardless of your “activity” at the end of the 12th full month after the month in which the Points were credited to your account. Toluna USA will not provide you with any notice of the cancellation and forfeiture of any of your Points. Toluna USA reserves the right to suspend these cancellation and forfeiture rules in its sole discretion. "Inactive" shall mean that you have failed to participate in a Site activity. "Participate" shall mean starting a survey or completing a profile.

To clarify the 3rd provision: 3) “each Point award will expire and be forfeited regardless of your “activity” at the end of the 12th full month after the month in which the Points were credited to your account”

The points that you have acquired into your account do not expire all at once. They will be forfeited in the same order by which they were awarded .For example if you receive 600 points on February 24th 2010 and after one week on March 3rd 2010 you receive another 1000 points, the 600 points that you gained on February 24th 2010 will be forfeited unless they are not redeemed by February 24th 2011 and you will have 1000 points remaining instead of 1600. In the same way, if you don’t redeem or convert the 1000 points by March 3rd 2011 they will be forfeited, and so on.

Please be aware that Toluna points have a validity of one year and have to be used within this limit by converting them to Check, VIP gift and Billboard Music Download or prize draw tickets. For further information related to your points validity, please refer to the FAQ section, the terms and conditions page and the blog post from October 19th, 2010.

I hope the examples provided will enable you to better understand how the process works.

Thank you for your interest in our site and for taking the time to share your valuable opinions.

Best regards,

Kaitlyn Wilson

The Toluna Team

points do expire

The reason I don't do a lot of their surveys is that they are very low paying.I will not do a 30 minute survey for 3000 points.

Just looked at my points and the majority of them are due to expire.I know they took points away but on the points page they don't tell me which ones were taken.So at this rate they can keep taking them and I have no idea which ones they are taking and how long they will keep doing it.I have 41.250 points and I'm about to say screw you.I have no intention of doing your surveys if I dont know what points you are going to be taken away or already have been.At that rate I'll be doing their surveys for free!

So here is my answer to my question about rewards expiring

Dear member,

On October 27th, points were removed from your account balance because they had expired under the Toluna points expiration policy. According to Our Terms and Conditions:

Points expire and become cancelled and forfeited under the following conditions: 1) your cancellation of your panelist account at ToLuna USA,2) if after registering for the ToLuna USA panel you become “inactive” for 6 months from the date of registration, 3) If at any time which is more than 6 months after registering for the ToLuna USA panel you become "inactive" for a period of 12 months, and iii) each Point award will expire and be forfeited regardless of your “activity” at the end of the 12th full month after the month in which the Points were credited to your account. ToLuna USA will not provide you with any notice of the cancellation and forfeiture of any of your Points. ToLuna USA reserves the right to suspend these cancellation and forfeiture rules in its sole discretion. "Inactive" shall mean that you have failed to participate in a Site activity. "Participate" shall mean starting a survey or completing a profile.

To clarify the 3rd provision: 3) “each Point award will expire and be forfeited regardless of your “activity” at the end of the 12th full month after the month in which the Points were credited to your account”

The points that you have acquired into your account do not expire all at once. They will be forfeited in the same order by which they were awarded .For example if you receive 600 points on February 24th 2010 and after one week on March 3rd 2010 you receive another 1000 points, the 600 points that you gained on February 24th 2010 will be forfeited unless they are not redeemed by February 24th 2011 and you will have 1000 points remaining instead of 1600. In the same way, if you don’t redeem or convert the 1000 points by March 3rd 2011 they will be forfeited, and so on.

Please be aware that Toluna points have a validity of one year and have to be used within this limit by converting them to Check, VIP gift and Billboard Music Download or prize draw tickets. For further information related to your points validity, please refer to the FAQ section, the terms and conditions page and the blog post from October 19th, 2010.

I hope the examples provided will enable you to better understand how the process works.

Thank you for your interest in our site and for taking the time to share your valuable opinions.

Best regards,

Kaitlyn Wilson

The Toluna Team

Then my argument to that would be that they purposely give LOW point surveys, with a very unreasonable cashout threshold, so that it will take to long for you to accumulate the points in time so that they can purposely cancel your points so that they don't have to pay you! A VERY obvious SCAM!

So it they did cancel your points, then that is what I would go to the BBB and tell them!