So, How much can you go off on a survey company?

JustFenix

I'm just curious as to how much you can chastise a survey company before they kick you off their panel?

I have had two this week that just pushed me over the edge.

1) One company asked you to install software that would not only track your surfing but also evaluate your interests and had the ability to override your browser and it's settings to feed you their specially selected group of ads, for which you would be paid a whopping $1 for 6 months.

2) Another company sent a free study (Don't even start... I like this company, they send me plenty of paid studies and have been doing a number of product tests of late) that first asked my opinion on an existing product but then wanted suggestions not just for new products in the line but also for names for new products in their line.

The frustrating thing is that these two companies are two of my top three favorites up until these surveys. In one case, I wrote the company independently to give my opinion, in the the other case, when I shut the survey out uncompleted they asked why and I told them exactly why.

I'm just curious as to just how honest you can be with a company regarding their practices before they stop including you in their panel.

BTW - Lurkers from panels are welcome and encouraged to contribute here. We know you want us to be honest ON the surveys, but just how honest are we allowed to be ABOUT the surveys?

I know one of the panels you're talking about is Opinion Outpost since I received the same $1 survey & I just laughed at the thought of letting them install something into my computer for 6 months for a buck...are they F**K*NG CRAZY??.....

Just don't install the spyware and don't do the free surveys. You might have to be more concerned if you have to file a BBB complaint but I have done about eight BBB complaints (including twice for the 2 survey companies) and haven't been kicked off a panel yet. Someone said they were but I figure if I have to make a complaint and they kick me off, I don't want to do their surveys anyway. If more people would file BBB complaint, maybe the survey companies would stop ripping people off.

I also have sent my share of emails complaining when they screw up.

• 2 weeks later...

Where is all the money at? I've never been invited to a focus group or even a $10.00 survey. Must be my profile. I'm a 99 year old euro/afro/hispanic with no permanent residence. lol