A Real Problem Website

judyindy

Back in April, I searched online for a printable greeting card, and ran across http://www.netfuncards.com/ .... it just wanted me to accept one of their "offers" to proceed, which I did... Then I had to accept "one" more. I chose the Kohl's $5 gift card offer and Discover card. I printed my greeting card, no problem, but found out this site was nothing but a spam factory. I have received about 400 emails since signing up for their "two" offers. Is there any place to report them? I've tried FCC sites and basically, it's more trouble than it's worth. I'm going to close the email address I used with netfuncards and start over. I can't believe I was stupid enough to use my "main" email address... we live and learn.

Anybody else have dealings with them, or have suggestions?

Don't be hard on yourself; some of these sites can be very convincing.

Generally, if there is a "catch" like an offer to complete, it's not worth it; it's usually spam.

I submit the spam I receive to SpamCop & the FTC, but if you are being overloaded with spam like that I agree with you that you should close that email account and start anew. Live and learn. :)

One thing I would recommend is to download the free version of McAfee SiteAdvisor - it will give you a warning when you are on a site they deem questionable. It has really come in handy for me many times. I'll include the link which will take you to their download page; make sure you choose the version on the right of the page which is completely free.

http://www.siteadvisor.com/download/ie.html

Good luck.

Thank you so much for the info.... I was hoping there was something out there like "Survey Police" where I could register the site. Survey Police is awesome for survey sites.... I was leery about a couple survey sites till I found them on SP..... now I can run them through the McAfee Site Advisor. Thanks again.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...