This lounge needs a pub or something.

Cliche01

• 1 month later...

Okay people, pub re-opened.  I'm sure you are all aware of the current virus situation.   That said, what are your thoughts?    What's happening where you are?  Is this as serious at they are making it out to be, overhyped?  What steps are you taking?   And so on and so forth.  Bummer subject I know, but have to say I'm curious and trust the word of others over the news at times. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, there are 19 confirmed cases in Alabama so far. None of them close to me. The nursing homes are not letting in visitors, doctor's offices are asking that you stay in your car until they call your cellphone to be seen. Wal Mart is out of toilet paper, antibacterial items, bread and some other foods. Yes, I DO think the news is overhyping this. People have a tendency to panic because they sit and watch the tv news all day around here. I haven't changed my routine really. I've always washed my hands like 15 times a day and used hand sanitizer before and after going into stores or being in public areas. In short, life goes on. I'm not too worried about it. Yet. 

How about you? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Last I heard, 2 confirmed, 4 'presumptive' in South Carolina.   My mother is in this place that is part retirement, part assisted care, they have been taking peoples temperatures as they enter, and encouraging residents to stay in.  Went to my local BI-LO today to grab a few items, but also out of curiosity.  Yeah, no TP,  no Clorox wipes and such, no eggs, no bread, fresh meat and milk pretty much gone, shelves picked over.  Oddly enough, the fresh fruit / veggies  and juice section seemed normal.  Myself,  yes, I am cautious, but still not shaking in my booties. I still go out when I need too, use proper hygiene as you mentioned.  If we all shut ourselves away, society will come to a stand still from that, not some virus.  And yeah, maybe if a helicopter drops people in hazmat suits in my neighborhood sure, I'd be more worried.  Playing it by ear at this point and as you say carrying on. Thanks!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just saw this addition to the thread. I think Nevada has 47 cases so far and one death. I could be off on those numbers as it's constantly changing. Schools closed. Also some stores, restaurants, bars, etc. with reduced hours or closed. As we depend on tourism where I live, many closures and massive layoffs in the hospitality industry. Whenever the economy goes bad, we get hit tenfold. So pretty ugly here right now. :-(

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In Wisconsin, we have 72 cases as of today. We have three cases in my county. A short time ago, Governor Evers announced that as of 5 PM tonight, all bars will be closed, and restaurants will be takeout or delivery only. All the schools in the state are closed, the library is closed, and my credit union only has drive up service. Things have pretty much come to a standstill here. I did go to my local Kwik Trip to pick up some groceries. I’m pretty well stocked up, just needed some groceries and toilet paper. Yes, they had plenty of toilet paper. I won’t go near the local WalMart with a 10 foot pole. They have run out of toilet paper, cleaning supplies, bread, etc. People who go there are panic buying. Other than my little trip to Kwik Trip, I stay in my house. Being retired, there isn’t anywhere I have to be. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

All non-essential businesses/services now closed in Nevada for the next thirty days at least. :sad: So Mrs. Jones with an unplanned month long vacation. Nowhere to go and nothing to do. Not sure what will kill me first before the thirty days have passed, the virus or Mrs. Jones. :lol:

• Haha 3

Wow, never heard of this guy until now, but as a sci-fi fan, like the Mad Max apocalypse vibe, and certainly a well done song and video.  Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1