Beware: Response from MySurvey.com on Not Showing Points

Whatatay

Here is the actual reply from My Survey (mysurvey.com) about their new scam to get people to take free surveys.

"Thanks for your email. We wanted to let you know of a few related changes

with mysurvey.com. You will begin to see new emails that do not mention

points or survey topic, we are currently removing points from the

website(at the survey screen) and we are changing all survey topics/names

to “Opinion Survey” on the website.

The reason for these changes is simply to provide the best survey research

possible and give all our members the same survey opportunities. We have

found that including survey topics/names and point values may influence how

our members answer certain surveys.

Additionally, surveys with interesting topics or high point values are

picked more frequently by members and therefore “close” sooner.

Removing survey names/topics and point values gives all our members the

same opportunities while continuing to provide quality survey research.

Also note that at the beginning of all surveys members are told

approximately how long the survey will take and approximately how many

points.

Please let me know of any other questions you may have.

Thank you,

Carol Adams

Director, Member Services

----- Original Message -----

Why are you showing a list of surveys with no point values. If you have

become too cheap to pay people for their time, you should be putting "0"

next to the surveys instead of trying to trick people into doing them for

free."

Yeah, I got the same reply. However, I beg to differ. I have taken a few of their "new" format surveys, and NEVER at the beginning did they say how long or how much. They just say "rewards."

Here is my reply to their email.

This is complete garbage. You are simply trying to get people to take free surveys so you can get paid while the survey takers get nothing. People aren't stupid. They aren't going to take surveys for free. This is simply a scam and totally dishonest. The point values are not always given at the start of the survey. If the survey pays zero points, this should be stated at the beginning of the survey. How would you like to go into work and be told you will only be paid for certain days?

Since you have made these changes after I joined, and without my consent or agreement, I am requesting to be paid for the xxx points I currently have. Either a $x.xx Amazon Gift Certificate or $x.xx PayPal would be fine. Once this is done I will close my account.

If you will not do this I will file a complaint with the BBB. Now please excuse me while I warn other members at Survey Police and other survey forums.

Now, I got one today. Decided to check it out. At the beginning of the survey, it was stated from 3 to 25 minutes, and points from 5 to 150. When I DQd, I got five. So, if they are going to give 5 for DQ, can't complain too much.

Here is my reply to their email.

This is complete garbage. You are simply trying to get people to take free surveys so you can get paid while the survey takers get nothing. People aren't stupid. They aren't going to take surveys for free. This is simply a scam and totally dishonest. The point values are not always given at the start of the survey. If the survey pays zero points, this should be stated at the beginning of the survey. How would you like to go into work and be told you will only be paid for certain days?

Since you have made these changes after I joined, and without my consent or agreement, I am requesting to be paid for the xxx points I currently have. Either a $x.xx Amazon Gift Certificate or $x.xx PayPal would be fine. Once this is done I will close my account.

If you will not do this I will file a complaint with the BBB. Now please excuse me while I warn other members at Survey Police and other survey forums.

Yeah because they want you to do it. I know what they are doing. I have 375pts so I am gonna wait a while and just leave this garbage. I dont need it.

Whatatay: your message to mysurvey (as well as other people's messages, including mine) must have done SOME good -- I got a new survey invite today that listed the point totals again.

But, I'm not holding my breath.........

I checked my account today and as for me they are still not showing any points next to there surveys. I recently cashed out for for $10 to pay pal. It says 10-13 days for payment to get to paypal, but some how I highly dought that! :evil: But I promise that once I get my reward, I am out of that SCAM company!

I got the same email from them a couple weeks ago. I didn't respond. Why bother? I just quit opening their email invitations. They expect us to be honest and upfront with them, but they won't offer us the same curtesy by showing points or times.

I got the same email from them a couple weeks ago. I didn't respond. Why bother? I just quit opening their email invitations. They expect us to be honest and upfront with them, but they won't offer us the same curtesy by showing points or times.

Yeah, don't bother. That way they will continue this crap. I have filed about 8 BBB complaints and have had every one resolved in my favor. If I didn't bother, I wouldn't have got them resolved.

Now they are sending me surveys like crazy. I get offered a few points then they say I qualify for a longer one .Just today I did 2 surveys which is really rare but qualified for both which was nice for a change .