Njsurveyman

Anyone Ever Have Luck With Receipt Hog?

Njsurveyman

I recently tried Receipt Hog again (almost forgot that I still had an old account with them).  Of course they took all of my old coins away for not being active for over 6 years. I tried uploading about 4 recent receipts from stores and restaurants only to find that only 1 was accepted, and they falsely rejected the other 3 even though they were legit receipts with a clear photo. Looks like I will dump this app. Anyone have better luck with them or recommend a better cash back site for receipts?

lunastargazer

I had stopped using RH in 2017. I had received an email earlier this year wondering why I hadn't used them. I've cashed out now about $5 a month to my PayPal since then. I've had several receipts that they said were unclear. I disputed them (because they were clear) and they were accepted. I place mine on my freezer which is a white color and that seems to help. 

natofborg

I've been using them for a few years now with no problems

Njsurveyman

Good to know. Maybe I will keep them around and see how it goes. Sometimes it doesnt give me coins though, just a sweepstake entry. I did earn nearly 100 coins already in just the last few days, so there is hope for them. 

lunastargazer

Njsurveyman - When you take pics of the receipts many times you have to click on the adjust button several times before the receipt pic is clear. I then click on the part where you can look at the receipt before you submit it. I also get surveys on Receipt Hog about the products I buy from Walmart and other places I shop. One time I did 10 surveys, made 40 points each (and those surveys take about 3-5 minutes top) and got 400 points in one night. You need a 1,000 points to redeem for $5. I was able to cash out that night for my reward. The first time it takes about 7 days to get your money. After you've been a repeat customer and redeemed before, it takes about 2-3 days.

adjustedfate

I’ve been using RH since around May, 2019 without any “photo” problems until the end of October, first of this month. That’s when I experienced repeated issues with “photo is blurry”...NOT! Or “receipt isn’t legit” because the self-checkout I use at Walmart doesn’t say “WALMART” in flashing, bold, black type atop the receipt but instead “Walmart” is on the receipt at the bottom. After I disputed the disqualified receipts I was awarded credit and now the receipts missing “WALMART” on top are accepted without a problem. 

i have never been able to connect my gmail account to RH to accumulate extra points. The only other issue I ran into was RH only accepts three receipts in 24 hours from the same business. Be very patient because it takes forever and a day for a payout. It’s taken seven months for me to reach Level 10 with 2392 points. 

Njsurveyman

Ok thanks for the valuable feedback everyone.