Anyone Ever Have Luck With Receipt Hog?

Njsurveyman

I recently tried Receipt Hog again (almost forgot that I still had an old account with them).  Of course they took all of my old coins away for not being active for over 6 years. I tried uploading about 4 recent receipts from stores and restaurants only to find that only 1 was accepted, and they falsely rejected the other 3 even though they were legit receipts with a clear photo. Looks like I will dump this app. Anyone have better luck with them or recommend a better cash back site for receipts?

I had stopped using RH in 2017. I had received an email earlier this year wondering why I hadn't used them. I've cashed out now about $5 a month to my PayPal since then. I've had several receipts that they said were unclear. I disputed them (because they were clear) and they were accepted. I place mine on my freezer which is a white color and that seems to help. 

Good to know. Maybe I will keep them around and see how it goes. Sometimes it doesnt give me coins though, just a sweepstake entry. I did earn nearly 100 coins already in just the last few days, so there is hope for them. 

Njsurveyman - When you take pics of the receipts many times you have to click on the adjust button several times before the receipt pic is clear. I then click on the part where you can look at the receipt before you submit it. I also get surveys on Receipt Hog about the products I buy from Walmart and other places I shop. One time I did 10 surveys, made 40 points each (and those surveys take about 3-5 minutes top) and got 400 points in one night. You need a 1,000 points to redeem for $5. I was able to cash out that night for my reward. The first time it takes about 7 days to get your money. After you've been a repeat customer and redeemed before, it takes about 2-3 days.

I’ve been using RH since around May, 2019 without any “photo” problems until the end of October, first of this month. That’s when I experienced repeated issues with “photo is blurry”...NOT! Or “receipt isn’t legit” because the self-checkout I use at Walmart doesn’t say “WALMART” in flashing, bold, black type atop the receipt but instead “Walmart” is on the receipt at the bottom. After I disputed the disqualified receipts I was awarded credit and now the receipts missing “WALMART” on top are accepted without a problem. 

i have never been able to connect my gmail account to RH to accumulate extra points. The only other issue I ran into was RH only accepts three receipts in 24 hours from the same business. Be very patient because it takes forever and a day for a payout. It’s taken seven months for me to reach Level 10 with 2392 points. 

• 1 year later...
On 9/8/2021 at 10:44 PM, NFriday said:

I noticed that receipt hog has semi favorable reviews on survey police.  Does anybody here still do them?

Yes! I've used for quite a while and have made $580 since my first cashout in 2015. I upload my receipts then also check it daily for any surveys.

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, mnleona said:

Do they take any receipts from any stores? I do the receipts on Inboxdollars.

They accept most receipts. They have a list of store types that you get coins for (grocery, convenience, liquor, pet, etc) then other stores you get spins which you can win coins from (home improvement, electronics, clothing, etc) then like restaurant receipts you only get a sweeps entry so I usually don't upload those. I won the monthly sweeps once in all my time and it was the smallest amount you could win which was 20 coins. 

I stuck with them and now average about $5 cash out via paypal every 2-3 months. I think it is those surveys that give me 40 - 100 pts every now and then that really help me reach the cash out minimum faster. In my experience, they ONLY accept receipts from corporate places like McDonalds, Family Dollar, Dunkin, etc...If it is a small business, they almost always get rejected. Unlike Fetch Rewards, where just about every receipt is accepted. 

Lately RH app has been acting up a bit and taking longer to process the receipt photo. Sometimes I have to hover over the receipt for a good 30 seconds before the pic goes through.