Filed BBB Complaint Against Survey Spot

Whatatay

I just filed a BBB complaint against Survey Spot for failing to allow me to claim my balance. They used to pay by check or PayPal but now they will only pay to PayPal if your account is "verfied" (meaning PayPal can go into your bank account at any time to remove money for any reason). Their web shop allows you to redeem points for gift certificates but it has been "temporarily closed" for over 6 months. I previously sent an email to Survey Spot asking for an estimate of when the web shop would open but they said they couldn't give me a date.

I believe Survey Spot is holding people's money hostage so they can continue to spam them with free survey email invites (up to 12 per day).

I just filed a BBB complaint against Survey Spot for failing to allow me to claim my balance. They used to pay by check or PayPal but now they will only pay to PayPal if your account is "verfied" (meaning PayPal can go into your bank account at any time to remove money for any reason). Their web shop allows you to redeem points for gift certificates but it has been "temporarily closed" for over 6 months. I previously sent an email to Survey Spot asking for an estimate of when the web shop would open but they said they couldn't give me a date.

I believe Survey Spot is holding people's money hostage so they can continue to spam them with free survey email invites (up to 12 per day).

Lol. I totally get what you mean. I do get those Magazine emails alot. The other day I got 8 of them! I am actually complaing to one of Surveyspot Clients Gallup Organization because I did not get credit of 350pts for doing a survey. I got Gallup Organization email and phone number. I told Surveyspot well over 24hrs about this problem and I did not get a reply.

• 2 weeks later...

I got a BBB response from Survey Spot assuring me that they aren't trying to hold people's money hostage, that the webs shop is down and they can't give a date when it will be back up, and that I can still get paid through a verified PayPal account.

I replied that the complaint is not resolved because all Survey Spot did was restate my complaint ie, I can't get my money, the web shop has been "temporarily down" for over 6 months, that SS can't even give me an estimated date of when it will open, and that I can't get my money without having a verified PayPal account which I will allow Paypal unlimited access to empty my bank account at any time for any reason (which even if it is a mistake will cause checks to bounce and fees).

The only thing they didn't restate is that they once paid to PayPal without being verified and they never gave people a chance to cash out or agree to the new rules before implementing them.

How stupid for a company to respond to a BBB complaint by basically saying "we aren't holding your money, you just can't have it".

Sounds like there back to the same old tactics again! Remember at the beginning of there year for about 2 months they did there so called "server maintenance"! You could access everything on the website, expect to get payment! Know it sounds like the same old tactics again and know it is lasting for over 6 months??? :shock: As soon as you get your money I would say ditch them! I did and I no longer have to deal with there scamming sh*t!

Here is the final response from Survey Spot. They refuse to do anything (except send 11 free survey email spams).

I'm sorry, SurveySpot's PayPal policy is all panelists go through PayPal verification. We understand you opting not to verify your PayPal account. As I said SurveySpot is not trying to hold your points. We apologize the WebShop is not available at this time and you will have to wait to claim your points.

Thank you for your patience and understanding while the improvements to the WebShop are being done.

As mentioned in the original complaint, Survey Spot never allowed people to get their money before they required verification, or asked people to accept the new terms. Survey Spot is just a dishonest company trying to scam people out of money. The BBB did say this -

Although BBB has been unable to assist with resolving this complaint to everyone's satisfaction, we will retain the complaint on file and take it into consideration when preparing a report on the company.

Hope it helps to give them an "F" grade. If others here make a BBB complaint, maybe we can get some action.

Here is the final response from Survey Spot. They refuse to do anything (except send 11 free survey email spams).

I'm sorry, SurveySpot's PayPal policy is all panelists go through PayPal verification. We understand you opting not to verify your PayPal account. As I said SurveySpot is not trying to hold your points. We apologize the WebShop is not available at this time and you will have to wait to claim your points.

Thank you for your patience and understanding while the improvements to the WebShop are being done.

As mentioned in the original complaint, Survey Spot never allowed people to get their money before they required verification, or asked people to accept the new terms. Survey Spot is just a dishonest company trying to scam people out of money. The BBB did say this -

Although BBB has been unable to assist with resolving this complaint to everyone's satisfaction, we will retain the complaint on file and take it into consideration when preparing a report on the company.

Hope it helps to give them an "F" grade. If others here make a BBB complaint, maybe we can get some action.

I would email survey spot telling you to write you a check for the entire amount that they owe you and tell them if they refuse to mail you the check, you will be stopping and filing a complaint with the "state attorneys general office" for Fraud and Scamming!

I would email survey spot telling you to write you a check for the entire amount that they owe you and tell them if they refuse to mail you the check, you will be stopping and filing a complaint with the "state attorneys general office" for Fraud and Scamming!

I like this. I wish I would have been able to put this in the BBB complaint response.

• 2 weeks later...

For about the past six months now i never qualify for any of their surveys. Sometimes my 16 yr. old daughter will

qualify but nothing for me. I hate it when i don't qualify and then they say i might qualify for another survey and

they ask a bunch of questions but not incentive or idea what reward will be. I think their sweepstakes is just a big

dark hole where some of my socks have gone also.