Media and Advertising Surveys

katienjj

I'm new to this forum so I apologize if this has been previously discussed......several different sites constantly send me these media surveys where i have to watch a movie trailer and pick out grocery items i would want to have in some kind of instant win contest...I was just wondering what everybody's take is on these surveys? Worth it or waste of time?

I've been able to complete 3 of these - don't understand them, unless they're trying to confuse us by making us choose grocery items then reviewing a commercial then watching a movie trailer. And if they want our honest, thoughtful answers, then why are they trying to confuse us? It's a mystery.

Oh well, they pay well.

• 3 weeks later...

Grocery Items = consumer brand preference they give you 10 choices in different categories, you choose the brand that you want (as opposed to the brand you think they want you to select). The second phase is to see how consistent you are and if any of the ads you saw affect your choices the second time around.

Ads = How memorable are the ads. You see a bunch, are then given something else to watch then they ask what you remember seeing.

Movie Preview = consumer preference (which one did you want to see based on basic info) and basic feedback after you see the ad.

BTW - there really is a follow-up. It' just not that frequent.

The only ones like this that I have noticed are from Ipsos.They pay 150 points for 30 minutes worth of work.Which is equal to a buck fifty an hour.I say go get screwed!Sorry that is not good money and I refuse to do them.

Not only that I got that same survey from GTM and they wanted to pay $2.00 to do it.So why can they pay more then Ipsos who sent out the invite to begin with?Must not be enough suckers out there to do that kind of work for so little of pay!