Goodbye Survey Police

majax79

I just wanted to say a quick goodbye to the few active members that still exist. I'm leaving the forum for a few reasons:

1) The forum is almost completely dead. It's become a ghost town as there is a lack of moderation. There's an ever increasing amount of spam posts as well. Basically, since there's no upkeep the forum is dead.

2) A certain person who keeps getting banned (freaking troll) keep creating a new account and I'm sick of it.

3) There's really nothing to discuss in the survey world. Most surveys sites are gone or congealed to form mega sites.

I'll miss the regular posters (Whatatay, Jellyfish, Greeneyeddevils, gene55, etc...) who made this place great so long ago. Good luck to you all :)

Sorry to see you go. I haven't seen the spam but I can understand that driving you away. I try to keep the forums active with my posts. Don't know about the troll who is getting band and keeps getting a new account. A good reason to leave is because the survey companies are going to hell. I am slowly cashing out as I can and dumping most of them.

Sorry to hear this majax79. I only just joined the forums myself although I was always aware of the site, but it looks like maybe I joined too late. I started doing surveys about 3 or 4 years ago when GlobalTestMarket still had their "Survey Police Approved" certification. Don't know what happened to that. There's still a few good ones around but maybe they are only Europe/UK sites like OpinionWorld. The situation sounds worse for you guys in the Americas

Sorry to see you go. I haven't seen the spam but I can understand that driving you away. I try to keep the forums active with my posts. Don't know about the troll who is getting band and keeps getting a new account. A good reason to leave is because the survey companies are going to hell. I am slowly cashing out as I can and dumping most of them.

Thanks and yeah the surveys are pretty much a waste of time for me now. They used to be fun and I'd make around 50 a month in the golden days (used it to buy stuff I wanted). I'm only doing Opinion Outpost, Lightspeed, and Pinecone Research. Although, even now I very rarely do any of them anymore.

Sorry to hear this majax79. I only just joined the forums myself although I was always aware of the site, but it looks like maybe I joined too late. I started doing surveys about 3 or 4 years ago when GlobalTestMarket still had their "Survey Police Approved" certification. Don't know what happened to that. There's still a few good ones around but maybe they are only Europe/UK sites like Opinionworld. The situation sounds worse for you guys in the Americas

Survey Police just stopped all of a sudden, very strange. I do think U.S. has halted much more. Perhaps it's because there is more demand so they don't have to pay as well as other countries, I don't know though.

I just wanted to say a quick goodbye to the few active members that still exist. I'm leaving the forum for a few reasons:

1) The forum is almost completely dead. It's become a ghost town as there is a lack of moderation. There's an ever increasing amount of spam posts as well. Basically, since there's no upkeep the forum is dead.

2) A certain person who keeps getting banned (freaking troll) keep creating a new account and I'm sick of it.

3) There's really nothing to discuss in the survey world. Most surveys sites are gone or congealed to form mega sites.

I'll miss the regular posters (Whatatay, Jellyfish, Greeneyeddevils, gene55, etc...) who made this place great so long ago. Good luck to you all :)

Hate to see you go Majax79. I have enjoyed your posts. Sometimes I get disgusted with the survey world also but I try to keep in mind "I don't have to do it", if I had to make a living doing this I would be crying. I used to take a couple weeks off but now I just pick and choose. No more $1 surveys unless they are 10 minutes or less. I have been very selective for over a year now and my survey income has gone up.

The "troll" has been banned on every site I know of, except this one, so I know what you are saying. As far as the spam, I report it as soon as I see it and they have been removing it.

Good luck to you.

Sorry to see you go..I know where you're at...alot of the good sites that I used to get surveys from have gone down the crapper since everyone decided to do "free surveys" for sweeps entries...why pay anyone when these clowns do it for free...

I've actually had some luck lately with OO & (mysurvey.ca) ...which is a great company...I find this Canadian version is doing a great job....I've requested cheques the last month or so & both times they've ended up in my mailbox..along with that they've sent me out 3 PTs in the last month to do & I seem to be getting a ton of invites from them weekly.....I've dropped a bunch of sites I used to deal with since all they were offering were "sweeps' I'm not doing anything for free....Hoping that you decide to stick it out with us on here for a bit...I've always enjoyed your posts & the chit chat back & forth....take care...Green :D

• 1 month later...

Aw, I just saw this post today......I am not coming here nearly as often either. You are a valued contributor though, and I will miss your presence here. I got in trouble for trying to make this place better, so I am keeping my mouth shut for the most part. I know this site has a lot of potential, but there's no moderation to speak of and that can cause a lot of problems.

Survey sites are also getting more & more frustrating, expecting more for less & violating privacy now to boot.

Good luck to you, hope you drop in once in a while.

Aw, I just saw this post today......I am not coming here nearly as often either. You are a valued contributor though, and I will miss your presence here. I got in trouble for trying to make this place better, so I am keeping my mouth shut for the most part. I know this site has a lot of potential, but there's no moderation to speak of and that can cause a lot of problems.

Survey sites are also getting more & more frustrating, expecting more for less & violating privacy now to boot.

He came back -I read a post he made he said he came back cause he got board(which I am glad he did)-

Everybody thinks I left awhile ago - what they didn't know is that I changed my user name-and no I am not the "Troll"-thank goodness, he is gone!!!!!!!!!!!

If for no other reason I think us the survey takers need to come here and keep these survey companies in line.If we don't watch each others backs who will?I like this community and all the panelists,glad to be here and wish all us continued success-seeing how we kind of depend on each other for the help!

He came back -I read a post he made he said he came back cause he got board(which I am glad he did)-

Everybody thinks I left awhile ago - what they didn't know is that I changed my user name-and no I am not the "Troll"-thank goodness, he is gone!!!!!!!!!!!

If for no other reason I think us the survey takers need to come here and keep these survey companies in line.If we don't watch each others backs who will?I like this community and all the panelists,glad to be here and wish all us continued success-seeing how we kind of depend on each other for the help!

Haha I told you I didn't come here very often anymore. Didn't even see that.

What was your username originally?

Had to change it because when I first started I was young and naive and gave my email address as my user name.Luckily I didn't receive any junk email or spam from doing so.So that is all the info I'm giving in case there's a way someone can find it else where on here,even though I think they deleted all that info.