How long are surveys open ?

Lurkergirl

So I took a survey on 12/10 2010 and it said I would get a gift card from them for doing so .Well after many many emails they tell me the survey is still open .

I find this odd .I say that because when my internet went down a few months ago ,when I finally logged in and saw my emails .I tried to acess the surveys and it had only been like 1 day ,they told me they were over with .

Now this company is trying to say the survey is not over and its been over 1 month ?

It just seems odd to me .

Lightspeed,Opion Outpost ,have even dq me in the middle of surveys saying they have reached their quota .

Yet Harris Poll leaves these open for over 1 month ?Just seems odd .

So I took a survey on 12/10 2010 and it said I would get a gift card from them for doing so .Well after many many emails they tell me the survey is still open .

I find this odd .I say that because when my internet went down a few months ago ,when I finally logged in and saw my emails .I tried to acess the surveys and it had only been like 1 day ,they told me they were over with .

Now this company is trying to say the survey is not over and its been over 1 month ?

It just seems odd to me .

Lightspeed,Opion Outpost ,have even dq me in the middle of surveys saying they have reached their quota .

Yet Harris poll leaves these open for over 1 month ?Just seems odd .

This is a standard business practice with many struggling companies. They have already been paid but they use our money to operate on as long as they can. A couple of years ago I did a focus group about a well known soup company. They said I would be paid within 10 business days. I waited 4 weeks and sent the company who enlisted me an email and told them I was going to contact the soup company and ask them if there was anyway I could get paid. I had already sent them several emails with no response. They emailed me back within 5 minutes and told me they would overnite my check and they did. They donot want a huge company like that to know they are crooks. Ever since then I have paid close attention to who or what product I was giving my opinions on.