BBB of New York forget it

Lurkergirl

Just a little FYI if you have need of contacting the BBB of New York (the city ) the send you a generic email saying they receive your complaint but that's all you'll get .

I sent them a reply and a new complaint on a company and no word and one was sent on 12/27

wish there was some way to complain about them to someplace .

• 3 weeks later...

I am not in NY but usually get the generic email which is just to let you know they have received the complaint. Then they try to contact the company and wait for a response. They say this normally takes about 30 days. If it hasn't been 30 days yet, give it more time.

Thank you for taking the time to make the BBB complaint. If more people did, maybe these survey companies would stop ripping members off. Ihave filed about 8 BBB complaints and 7 have been resolved. The only one that hasn't been is Survey Spot which is holding my money hostage because I don't have a Verified PayPal account (verified means you give PayPal your bank account info so they can empty your account if the desire). Their website has been down for almost a year with no projected sate when it will be opened.

• 1 month later...

I have only gone to the BBB twice on survey companies. The first time they were all over it, and this time it has been since 2-7-11 and I have heard nothing. I did email them this morning. I really don't expect to hear anything so I am going to sign out of the survey company and just cut my losses and run. It took me over a year to build up enough points to get the gift card. That is just a waste of time.

I heard from the BBB right away, their little blurb email that they received my request for help. And then nothing, so I emailed them, and they were right on it. I have already received my incentive from the survey company and am glad to wash my hands of them after 5 years. 5 years and the payout was a total of $60. Thank you BBB!

Hi,

my sister is a lawyer and she told me once, when I had a different issue, that if the BBB does not give you results, contact your local Attorney General's office. I had issues with the CA BBB, I live in NY, too, and CA would not take my complaint. I emailed the local AG office and the CA BBB sent me an email about 5 days later. My complaint was not resolved, but it worked.

Blessings.

They are really slow ,I had an answer from my frequent emails ,and had it resolved .Then I get an email from them 3 months later saying they just sent a notice .I replied back its all ready taken care of .Good grief