OneOpinion weeding out long time users?

vercetti2021

I've been with them since 2012. Now? I had issues with them due to my browser having issues back in December, but I got that cleared up. Then last week, I stopped receiving emails and went to see what was going on. 

After an email back and forth, I was suspended. I had over 2 million points which is 2,000 dollars in points on there! I got essentially robbed from them and I hope to get my account back with a few emails more. Or a report to the BBB. 

But is anyone else getting this issue and not with just OneOpinion. But E-Rewards and Valued Opinions? I got hammered on all three in one morning. No surveys, can't redeem, 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Not having issues there other than the error when trying to redeem points , but support has always taken care of that. Been with them for at least 15 years , starting when they were Zoom Panel , and now One Opinion. I never let my points go over 7500 before redeeming.

• Like 1

$2,000? Holy Cow! You don't mean liftime earnings, right? If actual balance, might be lawyer time, but they'll expect a chunk. Definitely threaten BBB to them, and then follow through if they don't pay.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dimefynder said:

$2,000? Holy Cow! You don't mean liftime earnings, right? If actual balance, might be lawyer time, but they'll expect a chunk. Definitely threaten BBB to them, and then follow through if they don't pay.

My life time earnings were over 3 million points. I had 2,006,000 in there due to not being able to cash out because I got errors when I tried. I already went to the BBB. I'll go and report them to the Texas AG if I have to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vercetti2021 said:

My life time earnings were over 3 million points. I had 2,006,000 in there due to not being able to cash out because I got errors when I tried. I already went to the BBB. I'll go and report them to the Texas AG if I have to.

Yeah, I’d definitely go to your state attorney general on this. That’s a large chunk of change. Otherwise you may need to hire an attorney. So sorry this happened to you.

Also, OneOpinion and the other sites you mentioned are all owned by Dynata, a totally crappy company. For future reference, cash out on survey sites as soon as you can. Otherwise you may be out a lot of money when they screw you over or suddenly go out of business.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dawn_b_adams said:

Yeah, I’d definitely go to your state attorney general on this. That’s a large chunk of change. Otherwise you may need to hire an attorney. So sorry this happened to you.

Also, OneOpinion and the other sites you mentioned are all owned by Dynata, a totally crappy company. For future reference, cash out on survey sites as soon as you can. Otherwise you may be out a lot of money when they screw you over or suddenly go out of business.

Same thing with Valued Opinions. Large chunk on there due to errors while trying to cash out. It seems they'll prevent you from cashing out if you have large amounts and then ban you 

How did you even make $2,000 in that amount of time?  I used to belong to One Opinion, and I had over $100 is my account, when they dumped me.  When I asked them if I could redeem my money, they said they would mail me a check, but they never did.  They said that one of their customers did not like the answers I was giving.  Ever since then I never leave more than $25 in my account for any survey company.  It probably took me 1 1/2 years to make the money I had in my account, and they were my best paying survey company.  My demographics stink.  I have made more money on market research panels though.  I don't do as many surveys now, because I got tired of doing 30 minute surveys for $.50, or taking one hour to be eligible for one survey.  I am a member of Valued Opinion, and there are days where I spend one hour doing surveys, and I am not eligible for any of them.  The last time I logged on a few days ago, I had problems with their website, and finally gave up.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, NFriday said:

How did you even make $2,000 in that amount of time?  I used to belong to One Opinion, and I had over $100 is my account, when they dumped me.  When I asked them if I could redeem my money, they said they would mail me a check, but they never did.  They said that one of their customers did not like the answers I was giving.  Ever since then I never leave more than $25 in my account for any survey company.  It probably took me 1 1/2 years to make the money I had in my account, and they were my best paying survey company.  My demographics stink.  I have made more money on market research panels though.  I don't do as many surveys now, because I got tired of doing 30 minute surveys for $.50, or taking one hour to be eligible for one survey.  I am a member of Valued Opinion, and there are days where I spend one hour doing surveys, and I am not eligible for any of them.  The last time I logged on a few days ago, I had problems with their website, and finally gave up.

Most of the points are what I had overtime for 7 years? But when I tried to cash out. Especially in the last year. It would error. I'd email and got a generic copy paste reply. 

Figured if I keep doing them. I'll be able to cash out. So I would do what I could until I got my daily 250. Sometimes i couldn't finish a survey due to mobile issues. So I'd have to go back and refresh the page and do a different one. 

Sometimes I didnt feel comfortable giving up facial ID or camera reactions so I declined those. That's probably where the ban hammer came swinging down 

Oh and to just add onto the list. Back in December I got invited to do a webcam study about whiskey. Dynata was putting it on for whichever company at that time. And the incentive was 250 dollars in panel credits or 250 thousand. I did this back in December. It was suppose to take 4 to 6 weeks. I never received that either. I still got the emails from that I will also add onto my complaint to the Texas AG. If I gotta go through a lawyer or small claims I will. 

• Like 1

$250 is a lot for a whiskey study, unless it was for more than one day.  I've never been willing to do the facial recognition ones, but I have not gotten any of those for a few years.  While I was on Valued Opinion tonight,  I got a survey where I had to download a picture of my drivers license.  I passed on that one.  I did not even know that Dynata did market research studies.  My last market research study I did last week, I got a $125 virtual Visa, which means I can only use it online.  If I use it at Staples, I can get an additional 5% added to the card.  I need a new printer anyway, and so I will just get it at Staples.

9 minutes ago, NFriday said:

$250 is a lot for a whiskey study, unless it was for more than one day.  I've never been willing to do the facial recognition ones, but I have not gotten any of those for a few years.  While I was on Valued Opinion tonight,  I got a survey where I had to download a picture of my drivers license.  I passed on that one.  I did not even know that Dynata did market research studies.  My last market research study I did last week, I got a $125 virtual Visa, which means I can only use it online.  If I use it at Staples, I can get an additional 5% added to the card.  I need a new printer anyway, and so I will just get it at Staples.

Yeah it was 2 hours of talking about whiskey. I actually wrote them a few days before I got suspended that I never received that reward. Mean I have no idea if that has anything to do with it or just an amazing coincidence. But dyanta has sent me a few like webcam based studies through branded before. Knock on wood I don't get the suspension hammer there either. But yeah timing was just odd.

Now I got screens of both sites ready in case they close them outright. Funny I got the same treat with E-Rewards but they let me have that account back. 

On 2/13/2021 at 6:28 PM, vercetti2021 said:

Same thing with Valued Opinions. Large chunk on there due to errors while trying to cash out. It seems they'll prevent you from cashing out if you have large amounts and then ban you 

My philosophy with all panels is to cash out when you reach the minimum amount because there is no benefit to letting the money or points sit in your account since you don't know what is going to happen. You risk being banned in the future and losing everything. I know this because I have doing surveys for a long time. They can ban you for any reason and they don't even need a reason at all.  And it is a hard thing to fight because they say you are giving inconsistent answers on a survey or surveys yet won't be more specific than that. Years ago I was banned from a panel and had like 9.00 in my account and they didn't want to pay me so I had to go to the BBB in order to get my money.  It was a small amount of money but as a matter of principle I wanted that money because I had earned it and didn't think the panel should keep the money I earned.       

• Like 2

11 hours ago, mikedorb said:

One good thing about One Opinion is potentially you can earn 1250 points each day by attempting 5 surveys that you cannot complete. But some days 5 surveys are not available. But it is still a good thing. Most panels give you nothing for investing your time and attempting surveys. 

Correction. The most you can earn from DQs on One Opinion is 250 points (50 x 5).

8 minutes ago, episemion said:

Correction. The most you can earn from DQs on One Opinion is 250 points (50 x 5).

Sorry my mistake. I knew it was 50 points per survey and up to 250 points each day. Thank you for catching my error.