Only my Second Focus Group

Jot2007

I have only done two focus groups in my time frame of doing surveys, but I think I hit the jackpot. I did a survey worth a dollar or two for about 10-15 minutes sometime last year, and I was just recently invited earlier this week to join in a focus group about online car auctions since I completed that survey. I said that's pretty neat, so I agreed, and it said it would pay a $175 Amazon gift card. I was in shock, and said I could buy some good gift cards off of Amazon. So, I join the focus group, and all we practically do for 90 minutes is me and 9 other people draw together on this board our ideas of car auctions and such. It was a ton of fun, and everyone had a blast. At the end, he congratulated and thanked us for being apart and that we would receive our Amazon Gift Cards in about two weeks. Everyone was happy, but said we wish it could have been checks instead (I always prefer cash to online currency), and he made the change for us but said it would take about 3-4 weeks. So, not only did I do an awesome focus group, but I get paid cash instead of getting gift cards off of Amazon. Needless to say, I was excited.

Year before last I did a Focus Group for a company in downtown Austin,they paid $100 cash for 1 hour of my time.Which was real good pay, but get this they they ask a lot of different people to come in .If to many people show up they give them $100 without even having them to do the focus group.I was asked to stay and like you said it was a pretty good experience.I would do another one of those in a heartbeat!