A couple of general rants

dawn_b_adams

On 11/14/2021 at 7:54 PM, LinuxPowered said:

When I first started surveys about a year ago, I found out early on that you can be penalized for not providing a good enough response. Now, what qualifies as "good enough" is open to debate! It was a Cint survey, though I don't recall which panel it was on, and they dropped my 'quality score' by 40-something points (it starts out at 100), which put me in a "no surveys" group. The time for being reinstated was something like 3 or 6 months. A long time.

My solution has been similar to what @dawn_b_adamsdoes, with my own twist. I'll say something like "Please accept my apologies, but I decline to answer this question." And I generally cite some obtuse 'personal' reason, like it brings back bad memories. So far, so good. I mean, if they're not going to honor personal boundaries...wow!!!

In regards with the quality score points, that is the awful company your surveys. I can assure you that that had nothing to do with what answer you gave, they will drop that score whenever they feel like it.

You can complete surveys truthfully and they will still drop it. It just happened to me. They dropped my score by about 20 points I think for no reason whatsoever.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Kinda happy to see some validation here for my scorn for those ridiculous questions about sandwiches and childhood memories and choosing hotels.  What's my favorite childhood memory?  Yeah, that one Christmas morning when my parents didn't hit the booze and fight.  I get these via P-o-i-n-t-c-l-u-b, which I continue to endure despite horrifically late dqs.  This morning I spent 40 minutes on a survey that was actually a mock jury--very complex--and PC didn't honor it.  There seems to be little accuracy, too, in PC's listing of how long a survey will take. They continue to do business with "YourSurvey" and they continue to delay points approval despite so many of our complaints.  Now the site says it is being redesigned. Will it improve?  I'm skeptical.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...

I wonder if anyone ever reads thiese open ended questions . . . how did you and your best friend meet . . . what was your favorite memory from your childhood . . . what was your favorite vacation . . . and on and on and on.  Just once I'd like to receive feedback from these survey sites that they, in fact, do read this stuff.  I realize they are there to stop bots from completing surveys, but hey . . . let me know you have read them.   

• Thanks 1