Bad experience with One Poll

dragon54u

I've dealt with this company for years and everything was great till now.  All of a sudden I couldn't log in and was told my account was suspended.  Turns out they said my IP was in another country and they wanted me to provide a photo ID and proof that I was a U.S. citizen as well as proof that my IP was within the U.S.  This was highly suspicious to me and after some back and forth they refused to reopen my account or pay me the money I'd built up there even though I could provide them with proof that I'd cashed out before.

I don't know what their problem was since my IP does indeed show I am in the U.S. and I had no malware or anything on my computer.  My advice is to stay away from One Poll and if you're a member, cash out as soon as you can and find somewhere else to take surveys.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, dragon54u said:

I've dealt with this company for years and everything was great till now.  All of a sudden I couldn't log in and was told my account was suspended.  Turns out they said my IP was in another country and they wanted me to provide a photo ID and proof that I was a U.S. citizen as well as proof that my IP was within the U.S.  This was highly suspicious to me and after some back and forth they refused to reopen my account or pay me the money I'd built up there even though I could provide them with proof that I'd cashed out before.

I don't know what their problem was since my IP does indeed show I am in the U.S. and I had no malware or anything on my computer.  My advice is to stay away from One Poll and if you're a member, cash out as soon as you can and find somewhere else to take surveys.

I have recently heard of other survey companies wanting a copy of your photo I'd

If they ask me for that I will be done with them

I will not give anyone that

• Like 1

21 hours ago, dragon54u said:

I used OnePoll for awhile and became tired of their accusations I was submitting off color responses to surveys. I discontinued One Poll several years ago.  I left a poor review on SiteJabber.

I think the conduct your experiencing with One Poll is similar to the incompetence and stinginess I experienced. One Poll could just send a post card with a verification code to your registered address and you provide the code to them. this would cost them less than the off shore support they are paying for to deny you your rewards. This type of verification is less than a buck.

I think you have several avenues of recourse. You could add to the Sitejabber reviews on One Poll, make a BBB compliant about the parent company, 72point or make complaints to the professional organizations that they expound ethics compliance. What they are doing to you is unethical. you can find the address to use from the privacy statement.

From their website: "As members of AAPOR – the American Association for Public Opinion Research, OnePoll researchers adhere to the principles and actions set out in the AAPOR Code. Our research team are also members of ESOMAR and MRS."

AAPOR Compliants

I've post else where on the SP forum how to start an ESOMAR complaint.

please keep us posted on the progression of getting your rewards released.