Anybody having any problems with Amazon out of stuff?

NFriday

I notice that Amazon is out of a few things.  Right now one of their books that is on the best sellers list, has been out of stock a few times.  I have been looking for a printer, and I have $611 in my Amazon account, and so I would prefer to get it there, but Amazon is out of all of the printers I want.  I can get the printer from another source, but I worry what will happen if I have to return it.  I will probably have to pay for shipping.  If I get it from Amazon, I can go to Whole Foods and return it.  

I ordered two turtlenecks from Lands End last week.  They had 60% off and free shipping, and they were both on clearance to begin it, and so I only paid $11.98 plus tax for both of them, and they were delivered by USPS, and I thought it would take forever for the post office to deliver the package, and it actually got here one day early.

you're experiencing the great supply chain crisis of 21/22. I've been waiting for old dutch lemon oil for wood for three months from amazon. Supply constraints are popping up every were. for example, Norway is experiencing reduced food production from fertilizer shortages earlier in the year. it's not the raw materials, it's the production declines.  The ocean freighters stack up hundreds of mile off shore because they can't be off loaded is another piece. The Arkansas amazon warehouse that was collapsed by the recent tornadoes is just another straw. I bought extra coffee and warm clothes, and traps for urban possum and squirrel:)

• Like 1

Actually there was an Amazon warehouse in Illinois near St. Louis that got damaged, and several employees died.  That is nowhere near Chicago though where I live.  The printer that I want to get from Amazon is now expected to be back in stock around January 10th instead of the end of January.  I live in a condo building, and there are lots of people still getting their packages from Amazon.  I ordered something from Lands End two weeks ago, and the USPS actually delivered it a day earlier than it was supposed to come.