Profile surveys seem useless

majax79

I just sent an email to OO because I'm fed up with being sent surveys that don't relate to me. I asked them why they requested that I fill out profiles in the first place.

And what's up with all the questions they have you answer before doing the actually survey?Also lately haven't you noticed when your doing a survey and you know you didn't qualify they continue to ask you all these questions?Like age ,state and how many people are in your household.Why do you need all the info if I don't qualify?They really are starting to get on my nerves.Like when I have done those surveys that pay $1.00 for 8 minutes,I'm in it for 5 minutes I don't qualify and I don't get paid,why does it take so long?

I no longer update my profiles. Most are surveys in disguise. Also, when I know I did not quality I do not finish the survey. Why give them additional info.

Pinecone seems to be the only company that is aware of my profile and so I am very rarely disqualified. They send me pertinent surveys, not frivolous questions which the other survey companies use without compensating me.

• 4 weeks later...

Bumping this thread because I just received an invitation from Opinion Outpost for a 7-17 year old in my household. I obviously screened out and went to my profile. There is nobody in my household listed under the age of 18. This is concrete proof that the surveys sent from Opinion Outpost doesn't utilize my profile before they send me surveys. What is the point of doing the profiles at all? I just don't understand it.

I just sent an email to OO because I'm fed up with being sent surveys that don't relate to me. I asked them why they requested that I fill out profiles in the first place.

I hope you get a response. I would like to know this as well.

And what's up with all the questions they have you answer before doing the actually survey?Also lately haven't you noticed when your doing a survey and you know you didn't qualify they continue to ask you all these questions?Like age ,state and how many people are in your household.Why do you need all the info if I don't qualify?They really are starting to get on my nerves.Like when I have done those surveys that pay $1.00 for 8 minutes,I'm in it for 5 minutes I don't qualify and I don't get paid,why does it take so long?

Yeah, those get on my nerves too. And it seems like a lot of their surveys go to some router thing where you have to put info in, and then you get sent to another "survey" where you have to put your info in AGAIN. Ugh.

Well, they basically just said that those few questions that you answer before a survey partly determine whether or not you qualify for the survey. It's so freaking confusing to me.

Well, they basically just said that those few questions that you answer before a survey partly determine whether or not you qualify for the survey. It's so freaking confusing to me.

O RLY?

So why do we get dq'd so much or get surveys that ask for people in our household that don't exist (like kids and you have 0 under 18 people in your profile).

They basically don't want to say that they don't matter for surveys, but probably matter for the way they can market themselves to clients.

I've been getting that a lot lately. I thought the purpose of the profile was so they could match up surveyors w/the surveys so that they'd get the right people??? Something's not right, because they have my age on profile, send an invite for "the 52 year old female in the house," I click on the survey and the dumb bunnies are asking me to enter my age!!?? Then at the end of the survey they ask you again to enter your age for "quality" assurance or purpose or whatever! It just appears to me that their IT Department has the world's worst programmers, or lazy programmers, or guys that took a 6 month computer course not because that's what they want to do for a living but because it pays so well so they only do what they have to do to get that paycheck. They can program it so we don't go through that crap. However, they will tell you that if you don't keep your profile up to date you'll miss out on getting invited. Ah, ya just got ta laugh at dem all. :-)