Univox arbitrary cut off. Lost money claimed and points

gwenel

After being a loyal Univox fan for a couple of years I was shut out. I was given a list of possible reasons. None of them apply. I lost the redemption I was waiting for and over ten dollars us in points. Have tried contacting them directly on line a few times, contacting them on Facebook where I was told they would look into it and finally by phone. Out of options and hugely disappointed with one of my favourite sites 

• Sad 1

I'm so sorry to hear this. You may want to file a complaint with the BBB. You can do it right on line. Many survey sites have numerous complaints on screwing people out of their money. That has gotten me results from a few survey sites. Nobody likes bad reviews, so they will usually give you your money after going to the BBB. These survey sites do not reward loyalty. In fact, they don't like people being on their sites for too long of a time. Many times, survey sites will simply cull their membership. They can pretty much do whatever they want. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I recently got the boot from Univox as well, after not getting surveys for about 10 months.  Prior to that it had been a good site.  I had tried contacting their customer service and always got a boiler-plate response

• 2 weeks later...

Folks, sounds like a opportunity for an ESOMAR complaint.  The info at Survey Police is stale but there is a complaint process for the public. see below

"The Code is the basis for our professional standards services, including our disciplinary helpdesk. If you are concerned that a project governed by the ICC/ESOMAR Code fails to meet the requirements, you can ask ESOMAR or one of our partners to investigate.

Anyone can raise a complaint whether you are a member of the public, a fellow member of the data, research and insights community, or an official. The use of the service is free for anyone raising a complaint."

You will have to register.

https://www.trustinresearch.org/

When I made my complaint about TAP research, it fell under Article 9, professional responsibility

(a) Researchers must be honest, truthful and objective and ensure that their research is
carried out in accordance with appropriate scientific research principles, methods
and techniques.
(b) Researchers must always behave ethically and must not do anything that might
unjustifiably damage the reputation of research or lead to a loss of public
confidence in it.
(c)Researchers must be straightforward and honest in all of their professional and
business dealings.

(d)Researchers must not unjustifiably criticise other researchers.
(e)Researchers must not make false or otherwise misleading statements about their
skills, experience or activities, or about those of their organisation.
(f)Researchers must conform to the generally accepted principles of fair competition.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

If anyone is interested, the ICC/ESOMAR International Code referenced by schludermann can be downloaded here. It's in PDF format.

I don't know that one exists, if it does, then it isn't very prominent, but there should be a section here on Survey Police specifically to educate people on what they can do when a survey company does not do what it promised when a member first signs up.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I got survey invites from at least one panel that I could have sworn banned me. Doesn't matter. I'm not really doing surveys anymore due to cognitive issues.