Survey Spot

majax79

I really, really dislike Survey Spot's business practices. I'm not a member anymore but they really annoy me in how they exploit people and lead people on. I did some research on them and found that SSI owns them, along with other companies.

According to information I found online, SSI makes at least $100 million a year in revenues in the North American survey market ALONE. So, consider that the next time you do a sweepstakes entrance survey for Survey Spot.

Oh, here is a transcript of an email I sent to Chris DeAngelis, Vice President of the company. I'll let you know if I receive a response.

Hello,

I'm a former disgruntle Survey Spot survey taker. I wanted to know why SSI owns a company that does not give monetary compensation to people who give their honest opinion about businesses or consumer products. While I was a member of Surveyspot.com, I was only offered "sweepstakes" entries and occasionally $1.00 for 30 minutes of my time. Now, would you work for a 1/2 hour for $1? Considering the fact that SSI is making around $100 million in the North American market, you don't think survey takers could be offered, oh I don't know, $2.00 for a 15 minute long survey?

Michael

All I have been getting from them besides sweeps are 50 points (50 cents) for 25 minute surveys. No thanks. Last year the average points per survey sent was 81.18; this year to date it is 29.52. And that includes all those 300 point two parter crap things that they send and I delete. Even when they were garbage last year, at least once in a while you would get a 300, 400, 500 survey. Not now. They seem to think that 50 cents is a good deal. They can take those and shove them. I hope the companies that contract with them for surveys realize that they are paying good money for garbage opinions.

• 3 weeks later...