Tellwut misleading survey practices

schludermann

Tellwut has what I think is a rather poor practice of presenting medical screening and recruiting as a survey.

Yesterday, I received a survey invitation for a 1500 point, 15 minute survey.

Oh, Goodie!, I thought and started. 

The first change to the notification was a disclaimer that the survey may become a router if the quota was filled.

The link wasn't a router yet, it was a link to a client trolling for tobacco users for thinktankpanel.com.

I don't chew, vape or smoke, except when on fire:)

It was a rather prolonged screening process, even though I obviously didn't qualify.

I was incensed and worked off the annoyance by reporting the pair to IMRO.ORG.

IMRO was listed at the ThinkTankPanel.com landing page as the professional association they subscribed to.

I reverse search the address the address for ThinkTankPanel.com from the privacy policy,

and found another shifty panel operating at the same address, ideashifters.com. Eighteen months

earlier ideashifters.com sent me a survey invitations that did not match my profile. I sent a comment to

support that in the future they should use my profile to determine candidacy for a survey.  ideashifters.com responded

to the complaint by turning off the survey feed, and stranding my reward, pennies short of redemption. So, I added them to the IMRO complaint.

I know that Tellwut doesn't subscribe to IMRO, but I decided to apprised IMRO of this liability washing practice that Tellwut provided, in case to appears elsewhere.

After I finished the IMRO complaint, I forwarded Tellwut the email invitation that I had filed a complaint and added them to it.

I told Tellwut that I didn't want the 1500 points, I wanted respect, transparency and integrity going forward, and they could find a thread here.

I probably would have just grumbled if Tellwut would be transparent and be forthright that it was a screening or recruiting activity. 

In the past I have complained that this was a misleading activity and even suggested they create a section for screeners.

Tellwut already has sections for user surveys and "external" surveys.

Come to think of, SP has a practice of apprising the community of panel recruiting activity, perhaps this could be extended to other screening activities?

• Like 2