Keeping track of surveys & incentives

majax79

I move the email invites off to another folder (I only do surveys by clicking on the invite for this reason).

That way I can forward them their own invite if they start some crap.

I used to use spreadsheets. I would track everything under the sun right down to invite vs completion percentages for each of 40-60 sites. I got wraped around the axle with it so I quit around a year ago. Now I have 3x8 lined pads of paper with three columns. When I complete a survey I write the date in the left column; the site, acronyms for type of payment, the reward and any notes in the middle column, and the date I receive payment in the right column. I use a blue highlighter to indicate a redemption and a green highlighter to indicate receiving the payment lined through the top and bottom of the line. At a glance I can see who owes me money and who has paid. As the sheets fill up I just flip them to the back side using a butterfly clip to hold them in place. It's all in one handy package. The only thing I keep on the computer (I use Outlook 03) anymore are the completed survey invite emails listed in a file just incase I have a dispute and it has come in handy several times. I delete any DQs. There are a thousand ways to keep track. This is works best for me. A 6 year surveyer.

I used to use spreadsheets. I would track everything under the sun right down to invite vs completion percentages for each of 40-60 sites. I got wraped around the axle with it so I quit around a year ago. Now I have 3x8 lined pads of paper with three columns. When I complete a survey I write the date in the left column; the site, acronyms for type of payment, the reward and any notes in the middle column, and the date I receive payment in the right column. I use a blue highlighter to indicate a redemption and a green highlighter to indicate receiving the payment lined through the top and bottom of the line. At a glance I can see who owes me money and who has paid. As the sheets fill up I just flip them to the back side using a butterfly clip to hold them in place. It's all in one handy package. The only thing I keep on the computer (I use Outlook 03) anymore are the completed survey invite emails listed in a file just incase I have a dispute and it has come in handy several times. I delete any DQs. There are a thousand ways to keep track. This is works best for me. A 6 year surveyer.

That's pretty much how I keep track -I have a notebook with the date taken,survey company ,payment amount and when it's due.Highlighters would be good but it would probably bleed thru my sheets of paper.I cross it out when payment is received.

I have strips of cloth with the company name and amount owed for each survey taken tied to the fingers of my left hand. When they are paid I move them to the fingers on my right hand. My wife won't go out in public with me but its a good way to keep everything at "hand".

I have strips of cloth with the company name and amount owed for each survey taken tied to the fingers of my left hand. When they are paid I move them to the fingers on my right hand. My wife won't go out in public with me but its a good way to keep everything at "hand".

I LOVE IT, Gene!!

Hm, I'll stick with the Excel spreadsheet...good luck with that though.

• 4 months later...

I LOVE IT, Gene!!

:lol::lol::lol: Too funny!!