What is going on Prolific?

peach6

I haven't been on Prolific in awhile and thought I would try to do some of there studies today

I had a little money in there and noticed they disabled the cash out

Why is this happening?

• Like 1

I just went to Prolific, and saw this Twitter link as to what's going on:

Following an issue which affected instant cash outs for participants earlier this week, we've taken the decision to temporarily suspend all cash outs over the weekend

I had just cashed out a couple of days ago, glad I did. Prolific has had some issues lately. 
  • Thanks 1

They apparently have installed untested '"upgrades".  The dashboard layout has changed, and the survey launch has changed. There are a number of bugs. I reported premature Completion Codes being created when switching between study launch tab and the study tab. I switch tab to check remaining time and retrieve ProlificID when requested. Some sometimes the study just aborts, and I return to the main account dashboard and restart the study,  and there have been a lot more networking errors. Like I stated, sometimes I get two completion codes, which one is valid, can I submit both? Also I think there has been a corporate charter change or business restructuring. February17th, the two officers for Prolific resigned and then rejoined. I couldn't find the business charter to read over. The reason I looked, was the change to the activity of Prolific, more commercial studies/surveys and a marked drop in consent forms. I knew where to find this information, because for part of my Apple experience,  I worked with the Apple Developer store and it was my assignment, it was a big job, there were100's of Apple developer store employees doing this all day long, to authenticate business applications from all over the world to sell applications on the Apps store. I became very familiar with the UK private company paper work.

I also had a experience testing in-house developed, back office, production software for Apple and when I came across this new Prolific bug, multiple completion codes for a study, I documented it and described what it took to create the software error and submitted it, with Polaroids.  The support agent's reply was incredulous, since my study was approved by the researcher, fifty cents, no follow up on the bug was needed. This was very unprofessional of the Prolific support  and I stated I thought as such.

I've had other low quality responses from support in the past, they would guess at an answer, I would try to use this guess and the problem was unchanged. When I replied back that their suggestion did not work, in this case incremental withdrawl, then the support agent fessed up  that he was wrong previously. They are just winging it at Prolific.

• Like 2