Wouldn't it be great...

QWERTY

Wouldn't it be great if a current or former survey site employee would come on this forum and ...without revealing secrets...tell us why survey companies do what we peons out here perceive as absolutley assinine. Maybe, just maybe, if we had a resonable explanation of why they do this or that, we would feel more inclined to participate with a bit more effort and not feel so enraged everytime we come across it. Just a thought.

Wouldn't it be great if a current or former survey site employee would come on this forum and ...without revealing secrets...and tell us why survey companies do what we peons out here perceive as absolutley assinine. Maybe, just maybe, if we had a resonable explanation of why they do this or that, we would feel more inclined to participate with a bit more effort and not feel so enraged everytime we come across it. Just a thought.

I am not a current or former survey company employee but I can give you the answer. GREEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only thing that makes me more inclined to put forth my best effort is getting a fair incentive. I read somewhere a few weeks back that the big companies are leaning more toward focus groups in order to get better data. I don't do the cheap surveys anymore but I will certainly put forth more effort and give better answers for a $3-$10 survey than I will for a $1 survey. I have been in more focus groups in the past 6 months than I was in the previous 2 years combined. Just a couple of good focus groups will pay you more than you can make doing surveys for weeks. When I am in a focus group, I find myself brainstorming and trying very hard to come up with ideas that will help the company unlike when you are doing a 30 minute-$1 survey and just clicking on the stupid answers you are provided with. So yeah, pay me good and you will get my best!

Agree 100%. Far too many sites skimp on their rewards. I delete most sweeps only offers (3/4 of SurveySpot surveys), If they're offering a measly buck, I delete them unless they state the survey will take 15 minutes or less. We all know that means it will only take 5 minutes to complete. I have jumped out of $10 surveys because they are soooo irritating!!!! These are just two ways to get around it. As for all those other irritations, just like to get an explanation from someone "in the know".

Wouldn't it be great if a current or former survey site employee would come on this forum and ...without revealing secrets...tell us why survey companies do what we peons out here perceive as absolutley assinine. Maybe, just maybe, if we had a resonable explanation of why they do this or that, we would feel more inclined to participate with a bit more effort and not feel so enraged everytime we come across it. Just a thought.

Maybe.

I'll probably still think it's asinine, though. Like those "profiles" that never actually help you qualify for crap. Or why can't the all just be like Pinecone - send you what you qualify for. I've never ever dq from Pinecone. Why aren't ALL companies like this??

And some of this stuff is just horrid design. Some of this stuff looks like it's still back in 1980 with how annoying the UI is, let alone all the "glitches" and having to use IE and whatever else. And then slow page loading, etc. I don't have broadband just to sit and wait for a page to load for 30 seconds.

All of this is just wasted time, and I don't like my time wasted, even if there is a "reasonable" reason for it.

I agree 100% about the qualifying profile surveys...they're just stupid...I seem to get really stupid ones that have nothing to do with me...asking me about female products or womens magazines...If these companies know who I am then why the hell do you send me stupid qualifying surveys??? The worst company for this is Opinion Outpost....those qualifiers mean nothing...they're so stupid....you go through them..they ask you questions about banking & magazines you read...then you go to the actual survey & it's about your dog or some travel survey.....

I agree 100% about the qualifying profile surveys...they're just stupid...I seem to get really stupid ones that have nothing to do with me...asking me about female products or womens magazines...If these companies know who I am then why the hell do you send me stupid qualifying surveys??? The worst company for this is Opinion Outpost....those qualifiers mean nothing...they're so stupid....you go through them..they ask you questions about banking & magazines you read...then you go to the actual survey & it's about your dog or some travel survey.....

Absolutely agreed.

And then those "pre-survey" questions they make you answer now. What's with that?

You know the "Please Answer This Question" stuff before they send you to the survey.