Are there any companies that are comparable to Prolific?

cricket

When I started surveys 12 years ago, I signed up with 30 companies. I am down to about 5 now, Prolific being my favorite, Paid Viewpoint second and a few assorted others. Prolific stands out and is my biggest money maker and actually very interesting most of the time. For those of you who do Prolific, is there any other company that's as professional and pays as well as they do? Or...is that really the only one? Thanks.

Edited by cricket

I also signed up with Prolific earlier this year.  The surveys are great and you very rarely get screened out.  They are relatively short and they don't ask prescreener questions like all of the other sites.  I also like Paidviewpoint.com because they don't do prescreener surveys or kick you out for disqualifications. The Hatch app available only on smartphones is a good option because they give good payouts on reasonably short surveys and sometimes have special focus groups or chats that pay $25 to $50.  Hopefully Dynata never buys out these other panels because they poison everything they touch.  

• Like 1

I really wanted to join Prolific and waited for an invite. When it came they wanted me to send them a copy of my Drivers License online. I was concerned about security and decided not to join. I am disappointed that I did not join and wish that they had not asked me to share such personal information online. I would surely have joined otherwise.

I do well with Tellwut but it is very intermittent and I hate being screened out of 95% of surveys. LifePoints kicked me out for not reason and kept my rewards as they have done to so many others so I wouldn't recommend them at all.  I do Branded but I am not very happy with them due to a real lack of surveys. I was advised by so many to try Paid Viewpoint and I just joined recently. So far so good with them.

I belonged to at least 15 sites when I started taking surveys 15 years ago and am down to three I try to do regularly. I am just so sick of being ripped off in so very many ways we have all discussed here that I have been on the verge of stopping survey-taking for about 6 months now. I haven't gotten there quite yet but it might happen soon.

Thanks so much for your replies. I had made an error and edited it (I said My View...I meant Paid Viewpoint..maybe that was their old name). I agree, peach...nothing is like Prolific. I am retired and home as much as I want and there are days I hit $30. Now...people who work can laugh at that (they make 30 an hour) but I am not working anymore and 30 a day is $900 a month plus the other surveys we do. Granted, I have to keep checking the site...I don't wait for email invitations. I just wish there were a second one that's as profitable and classy. I love their surveys so much that when they ask "any comments?" at the end which is optional, I tell them how much I enjoyed their survey, how thought provoking it was and I thank them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

The only comparable site in terms of the type of studies/surveys posted is Testable Minds, but here in the UK at least there are very few studies and - like Prolific - they are usually snapped up very quickly.

• 2 weeks later...

There are very few great survey companies left.  I guess it kind of represents our country going down the toilet.  But, the ONLY ones left that I feel are worth it are:

1. Paidviewpoint

2. Prolific

3. Amazon Mech Turk (I don't think they are taking new members)

4  1Q (poll app)

I am going to try Hatch again.  For some reason I decided to get rid of it in the past.  I guess there was something I didn't like about it, but will give it another try after seeing recent remarks about it on here.

45 minutes ago, Njsurveyman said:

There are very few great survey companies left.  I guess it kind of represents our country going down the toilet.  But, the ONLY ones left that I feel are worth it are:

1. Paidviewpoint

2. Prolific

3. Amazon Mech Turk (I don't think they are taking new members)

4  1Q (poll app)

I am going to try Hatch again.  For some reason I decided to get rid of it in the past.  I guess there was something I didn't like about it, but will give it another try after seeing recent remarks about it on here.

If your looking for another one Crowd tap is pretty good

• 3 weeks later...

There's a recent survey panel called Connect CloudResearch which seems to be pretty similar to Prolific except you don't have to provide all of the detailed verification process of driver's license and photos.  Mostly seem to be university researchers and studies like Prolific. Payment is through PayPal.  And you don't have to jump through hoops with dozens and dozens of pre-screener questions only to be disqualified.  Only a handful of surveys right now but might be worth a look.  

• Like 1