JD Power

Duck

Generally when a J.D. Power  survey comes up I just X out of it,  but today I thought I'd give it a shot.  It was about my utility company.  It took me about 20 minutes to get through the questions and hit the submit button.  A page pops up from the survey provider (Opinion Outpost) and says....sorry you've been disqualified.  Was I surprised,  nope?   

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Duck said:

Generally when a J.D. Power  survey comes up I just X out of it,  but today I thought I'd give it a shot.  It was about my utility company.  It took me about 20 minutes to get through the questions and hit the submit button.  A page pops up from the survey provider (Opinion Outpost) and says....sorry you've been disqualified.  Was I surprised,  nope?   

I used to do the JDPower surveys until about a year ago as i bsrely ever had a problem. Have things ever changed and NOT for the better. No matter what site you attempt these surveys on, you never get compensated. A real rip off. 

Thanks for the post. I will continue to avoid JDPower like the plague. :(

• Like 1

Used to get them all the time on One Opinion , but lately haven't seen any except for a rare exception on a couple of other sites. Got in the habit of taking a screen shot of the completion page as all too often , after that page came up , when I was returned to the survey origin site , I would get a DQ. That way I had proof of completion. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, episemion said:

Used to get them all the time on One Opinion , but lately haven't seen any except for a rare exception on a couple of other sites. Got in the habit of taking a screen shot of the completion page as all too often , after that page came up , when I was returned to the survey origin site , I would get a DQ. That way I had proof of completion. 

Does it help you to get credited when you take a screenshot? If its helpful for you maybe I should start doing this as well. THANKS!

Yeah, been there done that with J.D. Power surveys. They are nothing but scams. I actually used to get the utility one, tried it 3-4 times and always got screwed. I refuse to do any J.D. Power surveys. I will not buy products that are awarded by J.D. Power either. I totally boycott any affiliation with them, and will continue to do so. They shouldn't even be in business.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, dawn_b_adams said:

Yeah, been there done that with J.D. Power surveys. They are nothing but scams. I actually used to get the utility one, tried it 3-4 times and always got screwed. I refuse to do any J.D. Power surveys. I will not buy products that are awarded by J.D. Power either. I totally boycott any affiliation with them, and will continue to do so. They shouldn't even be in business.

90% I get screwed

10% I get the points

• Like 1

I used to do pretty good on their site until they started slacking with the surveys because they were shutting down.  How long ago was that?  I haven't gotten one completed since then.  20-25 minutes and then you get dq'd at the end.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Sandy21 said:

Does it help you to get credited when you take a screenshot? If its helpful for you maybe I should start doing this as well. THANKS!

Yes , it quite often did help to send the originating survey site a screen shot and how long you were on the survey. Most of the time , the points were awarded.

• Like 2

I haven't tried doing one in several years. I remember only qualifying for them maybe 20% of the time back in the day, and several times I finished the survey only to not get paid at all. Plus every single one had tons of open-ended questions that required you to type several sentences and took way too long. So yeah, I understand the frustration.

On 7/27/2022 at 7:00 PM, Duck said:

Opinion Outpost was the pits, when i discontinued the several years ago. If a support ticket was raised, it had one of three responses. Tuff!, Null, they ignored you, or maybe a response, they’ll look into, and then ignore your issue. Take your points an get out of there. I donated the clutch of pennies i had to a charity. 

• Like 1