A Repetitively Redundant Question

ConnecticutMarc

I get this question on surveys frequently: "Do you happen to have in your house any guns or revolvers?" That is a repetitively redundant question. because a revolver IS a gun!!!! It seems to me that the idiot who cooked up that question doesn't know that!!!!!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There's this one survey that asks this question all the time. I don't understand why though. It doesn't seem to be a quality control question nor relevant in general, so it just seems redundant to me. They also ask if you agree or disagree whether sometimes kids should be spanked. :???: It has nothing to do with the theme of their usual surveys though, and simply annoys me. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Oshawott said:

There's this one survey that asks this question all the time. I don't understand why though. It doesn't seem to be a quality control question nor relevant in general, so it just seems redundant to me. They also ask if you agree or disagree whether sometimes kids should be spanked. :???: It has nothing to do with the theme of their usual surveys though, and simply annoys me. 

I have gotten that one several times in the past few months as well. Never have figured out the relevance of those questions.

1 hour ago, episemion said:

I have gotten that one several times in the past few months as well. Never have figured out the relevance of those questions.

There is no relevance. You just have to remember that all these surveys are written up by malicious idiots. 

• Like 2

On 8/21/2022 at 11:20 AM, ConnecticutMarc said:

I get this question on surveys frequently: "Do you happen to have in your house any guns or revolvers?" That is a repetitively redundant question. because a revolver IS a gun!!!!

I’m in Texas and see this supernumerary word math a lot. There are guns every in Texas. What they are asking about are personal firearms. Realize that these panels are part of the frontend to the data broker industry. So even if this is part of a screening question, its gonna be repackaged and sold, resold, repackaged, blended,  fractionally distilled and presented to the data-market, with your name still on it and whomever will augment the value. So think ahead on screening questions. They probably write like this for dolts that that have limited vocabulary.  

• Like 2