Yougov Paid Tasks

somelady

I just received this for YouGov paid tasks

Your Direct Wallet is moving
Hi ,

We’re changing the way you’re rewarded for surveys

Don’t worry, your rewards are safe, but to make things simpler, your Direct wallet is moving to a single YouGov Wallet on 5th October 2022.

The $2 threshold has been lowered to $1, so you can redeem funds from your Direct wallet if the balance is above $1 until 5th October 2022. If you complete any surveys after cashing out, the balance will automatically be converted into points from 5th of October 2022.
If you don’t cash out by 5th October 2022, your Direct balance (currently $3.85) will be converted to 385 points and transferred to your YouGov Wallet.

Why are we making this change?

The YouGov Wallet will give you access to extra reward types – including gift cards for top brands. You’ll also be able to earn points more quickly through additional ways to participate.

From 5th October 2022, all surveys will be rewarded in points to your YouGov Wallet.

Best wishes,
The YouGov Team

If you’re happy with this, and would like to opt out of further reminders, please click the link below.

I cashed out. On YouGov if they convert paid task to points and I didn't cash out I would be loosing money.  500 points is only $0.50, if they converted my $3.80 to points it would be less than $0.50.

• Like 1

Hi,

I also received the same message.

I have a small balance in my Direct Wallet and the choice to move is:

1.  Move the balance to the bank and get the full value.

2.  Transfer to the "YouGov" Wallet whatever that is and whatever that will be like with whoever knows the future exchange rate between points and payouts

If I  transfer to the Wallet, the  points will have HALF the value of the amount transferred to the bank.  That is based on the current exchange between points at YouGov and the required number of points for a payout at the current time.

In Australia we have only two options for those points:  gift card or PayPal.  If you take a gift card you get $5 less than if you take a PayPal payout for the same number of points.

The only other consideration is that if you take the points rather than the cash you MIGHT get to the points threshold for a payout sooner, if that rate doesn't change.

At the rate I'm getting surveys from YouGov it will take me another year to get anything....................

• Like 1

19 hours ago, melbourne_yankee said:

Hi,

I also received the same message.

I have a small balance in my Direct Wallet and the choice to move is:

1.  Move the balance to the bank and get the full value.

2.  Transfer to the "YouGov" Wallet whatever that is and whatever that will be like with whoever knows the future exchange rate between points and payouts

If I  transfer to the Wallet, the  points will have HALF the value of the amount transferred to the bank.  That is based on the current exchange between points at YouGov and the required number of points for a payout at the current time.

In Australia we have only two options for those points:  gift card or PayPal.  If you take a gift card you get $5 less than if you take a PayPal payout for the same number of points.

The only other consideration is that if you take the points rather than the cash you MIGHT get to the points threshold for a payout sooner, if that rate doesn't change.

At the rate I'm getting surveys from YouGov it will take me another year to get anything....................

I think we would be only pennies if we let it move to the wallet.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, the time passed for my balance in the "Chat" to get moved to the "wallet".

So two things happened:

1.  The balance in the "Chat" account went to zero;

2.  It never showed up anyplace else.

Another email to YouGov which will no doubt be ignored as usual.

In any event, once I get enough points to cash out ......in six months????.............I'm gone from this outfit.  Too few surveys and too many problems.

If they can take away half or more of the value from the "Chat" wallet and then fail to deposit it into the specified account within a few days well.........

What's next?  Increase the number of points to cash out?

I heeded the warning and cashed out $20. The vslue conversion for the best return is 100,000 points. The unification of two balances represented a loss of 90%. I had $0.50 in the wallet and the conversion to a nickel worth of points. This is very sleazy way to make some profit off the members