Confused

Larryn2o

What's up is that most survey providers are garbage, and given that they don't have a financial incentive to fix their bugs... will likely continue not to. (Indeed, when it comes to not paying you for your time, they have a financial incentive, at least a short-term one, not to. And given that, once you eventually decide it isn't worth it, some other poor schmuck will just take your place, arguably, they don't have a long-term financial incentive to fix it, either.)

Moral of the story is, there are a few good ones still, that actually do pay you for your time on a consistent basis, but when I started doing this ~5 years ago, the majority of sites I tried were already less than great, but the situation then was way better than it is now. Very few sites are really still worth your time. If that was your first experience with a particular site, by all means try a couple more if you want, but if you get a couple more that are equally lies in terms of duration, and that equally "accidentally" fail to pay you because you somehow screened out on the last question... you can assume that's probably status quo for that site. :p

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, neminem said:

What's up is that most survey providers are garbage

And their hero, their teacher & their mentor: MADOFF!!!!!!

I mean, it's not uncommon to take a survey and receive no points because of being terminated at the last minute or due to errors. It happens to me at least once per week, and I've been taking surveys for over ten years now.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Oshawott said:

I mean, it's not uncommon to take a survey and receive no points because of being terminated at the last minute or due to errors. It happens to me at least once per week, and I've been taking surveys for over ten years now.

Been taking surveys for over 20 years. You get used to it.

• Like 1

I have completely given up wanting to do surveys on Survey Junkie (I will just surf and swipe for the DQ points and earned $50 over the last 3 months), and purposely bail out of any Research Insights surveys hosted by Qualtrics because I have been DQ'ed at the end after spending 15 minutes or longer many times.

I stand by Opinion Outpost (if you have a screenshot of the end you can usually get the points through customer support), mypoints and Swagbucks also give you full points if you contact them if you feel you have been dq'ed at the end (again, I will take a screen shot of the completion screen as back up). 

I have had good luck with Thrifty Pig and Paid Viewpoints.  Thrifty Pig even found their own glich and have been scouring through activity and awarding points for surveys that ended with a certain termination message.  Ipsos is back on track and I cashed out $100 for the last 3 months. 

Univox is off my list because they eliminated PayPal redemptions and they are worst for spending 20 minutes on a survey with no reward.  They also DO NOT ever give you points if you contact support. 

I stay on Tellwut mostly for the low point "fun" surveys, but they also have surveys on weekends when the others don't have as many.  You have to complete an external survey every 2 weeks to have access to the fun surveys.

For what my opinion is worth, I did not cash out any of my platforms since August and have earned about $1200.  That is real money to me.  I do, however, put a lot of time into it, but I am single and don't have to pay attention to anyone when I am home.

Good luck to you on finding your perfect match platforms and Happy New Year!

• Like 3

19 hours ago, nanbym said:

I have completely given up wanting to do surveys on Survey Junkie (I will just surf and swipe for the DQ points and earned $50 over the last 3 months), and purposely bail out of any Research Insights surveys hosted by Qualtrics because I have been DQ'ed at the end after spending 15 minutes or longer many times.

I stand by Opinion Outpost (if you have a screenshot of the end you can usually get the points through customer support), mypoints and Swagbucks also give you full points if you contact them if you feel you have been dq'ed at the end (again, I will take a screen shot of the completion screen as back up). 

I have had good luck with Thrifty Pig and Paid Viewpoints.  Thrifty Pig even found their own glich and have been scouring through activity and awarding points for surveys that ended with a certain termination message.  Ipsos is back on track and I cashed out $100 for the last 3 months. 

Univox is off my list because they eliminated PayPal redemptions and they are worst for spending 20 minutes on a survey with no reward.  They also DO NOT ever give you points if you contact support. 

I stay on Tellwut mostly for the low point "fun" surveys, but they also have surveys on weekends when the others don't have as many.  You have to complete an external survey every 2 weeks to have access to the fun surveys.

For what my opinion is worth, I did not cash out any of my platforms since August and have earned about $1200.  That is real money to me.  I do, however, put a lot of time into it, but I am single and don't have to pay attention to anyone when I am home.

I also gave up on some of those. Also left Point Club (too many vile reasons to list), Opinion Outpost, Tellwut, Inbox Dollars and a few others.

Did I read your post correctly? Have you really built up that much money without cashing it in?

19 hours ago, nanbym said:

On 12/29/2022 at 1:43 PM, nanbym said:

I have good luck with Qualtrics. Survey Junkie is OK and I like My Points and Swagbucks. Inboxdollars has the games and search so I do them even though the survey points are lower than they used to be.