Low survey inventory

Crmag9977

Always slows down around this time. Should pick up again when some new holidays come around, and sweeps week and stuff like that.

• Like 1

It's been horrible. I basically had to stop doing surveys a few days before Xmas because it just became impossible to qualify for anything, and many of the surveys that are available are low paying ones that aren't worth the effort, although I assumed that things would get back on track starting today since we're officially past the holidays now. 

This happens every year of course, but it's annoying because there's no set date for when companies will start sending more surveys. It could potentially take weeks. :/

• Like 1

I've been doing surveys for a long time now & usually Jan til about mid Jan the surveys are really slow coming out...by the end of the month everything should be back to normal with the amount of surveys that you get from sites 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This seems like the slowest January ever.  Surveys have come to a screeching halt.  Sure hope it picks up soon again as I don't have much to do now in the survey world.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been doing surveys for almost  4 years now and since I started it has been trending downwards.  It took a big hit because of covid, and it never came back.  There have been days (2 days this month) where I have been swamped with surveys but they are few and far between now.  If it wasn't for the Qualtrics old faithful I would have hardly any now.  Sites that used to give me on average a survey a day now yield less than one a week.  

I honestly do not see it improving.  Ever.  

Available surveys seem to be back to normal for me, which is nice. The pay is down, overall, yeah.

Speaking of which, do any of you do the bigger market research studies? By that, I mean online or in-person focus groups that pay from $50 to $100 or more than that for a half-hour to two hours. Some you travel to, but increasingly done by webcam or group chat.

I have done a fair amount of market research studies.  Since the pandemic started, I have only done one live one, but I have done a few online ones.  I live in the Chicago area, and so the live ones are going to be more plentiful for me.  There are a few live ones right now, but the majority of them are still done online, which means that they are more available for those people that don't live near a large city.

You can find them on Craigs List, and once you get signed up with a few, you get emails letting you know about any impending study.  The best paying one is the mock jury that pays up to $350, but once you do a mock jury, in general you are not eligible for another one.  In general, most market research studies do not want you doing studies frequently.  Lots of studies will ask you if you have done one in the last three months, and if you say yes, you will often get disqualified.  The last few years, the majority of the studies I have gotten have been about Medicare..

• Like 1

Thanks, Friday. About a week ago, I started signing up with reputable companies, and I have already done 2. First was a Craigslist-listed one (some there are scams, but others perfectly fine) that paid a $50 gift card for 30 minutes of webcam time. I see the mock jury ones, but haven't snagged one. The other was one I found directly with a company that paid $60 for 90 minutes of web chat. This is real money, and a person can seriously supplement their income if they can maintain a large stable of them the way we here do with all the usual sites that play hot potato with the 30 cent Cints that usually disqualify us anyway.

• Like 1