Are there any free work at home data entry jobs or writing jobs?

ConnecticutMarc

I have looked into those types of jobs. They immediately ask for money. I know a scam when I see one! Are there any free ones?

Have you looked into Mechanical Turk?  There is also a company that posts obituaries.  It might be Legacy, and they are looking for people to proofread the obituaries.  There is also fiverr.

The problem with I believe it is Amazon Mechanical Turk is that people tell the employers how much they are willing to work for, and you have a bunch of people in India or wherever, that are willing to work for $1 an hour.  Fiverr is jobs that somebody is willing to pay $5 for.  Task rabbit is another online place.  You can also check Craigs List.  There are people that are willing to pay you to stand in line somewhere or wait for a package, but since more people work from home, those jobs are harder to come by

• 1 year later...

I was making a good $500 a month with a website that offered articles to write. Then somebody came out with an AI writing software. It seems a lot of people will trade quality for a cheaper price. The website went from 10-15 pages of articles to choose from to zero within a month. No other such sites I could find were accepting new writers, either. That type of work is all but dead.

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

Data entry is dead as it's so simple any AI or they can pay someone in a developing country $1/hour to crank it out. Any data entry jobs nowadays are in HIGH demand and usually go to whoever will do it cheapest. So you'd be competing with people from the Philippines working for pennies if you actually found one of the non-scam jobs.

Any job promising anything close to a living wage will be a scam. Especially if they want to send you a check or you to buy equipment. I see people on Reddit get scammed daily by these data entry job scams. 

Mturk is only profitable with surveys and closed qual HITs, which are like winning the lottery to get. There is also a steep learning curve, as you have to install several scripts and learn the routine. People used to make a living on there, but nowadays it's barren for the most part. I have been on the platform for about 10 years now, and have seen all the data entry HITs that paid anything reasonable disappear as AI got better and the platform got even more saturated.

There are lots of paid opportunities online, but they will all require brainwork as AI can do these simple, easy tasks now. Lots of jobs online to help train AI. Automation will take those jobs too at some point. Automation is happening and will take over a lot of industries. I've been working online 10 years and the struggle is to continue learning and adapting to survive. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/17/2024 at 2:05 AM, bunnee said:

Data entry is dead as it's so simple any AI or they can pay someone in a developing country $1/hour to crank it out. Any data entry jobs nowadays are in HIGH demand and usually go to whoever will do it cheapest. So you'd be competing with people from the Philippines working for pennies if you actually found one of the non-scam jobs.

Any job promising anything close to a living wage will be a scam. Especially if they want to send you a check or you to buy equipment. I see people on Reddit get scammed daily by these data entry job scams. 

Mturk is only profitable with surveys and closed qual HITs, which are like winning the lottery to get. There is also a steep learning curve, as you have to install several scripts and learn the routine. People used to make a living on there, but nowadays it's barren for the most part. I have been on the platform for about 10 years now, and have seen all the data entry HITs that paid anything reasonable disappear as AI got better and the platform got even more saturated.

There are lots of paid opportunities online, but they will all require brainwork as AI can do these simple, easy tasks now. Lots of jobs online to help train AI. Automation will take those jobs too at some point. Automation is happening and will take over a lot of industries. I've been working online 10 years and the struggle is to continue learning and adapting to survive. 

The technology is just crazy these days.