So Few Surveys on Weekends, Bad Move On their Part

cricket

This is the time that people are home and have more time to do surveys. People who work full time during the week may not have the time to do surveys at night or are too tired. I did about 4 surveys today, that's it. 

• Like 1

That's to be expected since companies seem to send the bulk of their surveys during weekdays. This is why I only attempt to take 1 or 2 surveys on the weekends and then stop until Monday morning. The same survey shortage also happens during the final 2 weeks of December through the first 2 weeks of January every year.

Would you want to be the guy spending their weekend troubleshooting production issues with a survey that just launched, though? I know I wouldn't, so I get it. It is too bad, though, for sure. (But other than Prolific, my favorite sites all send me surveys I can do whenever, anyway.)

I do look forward to being retired, for any number of reasons. Having more access to grab more of the juicy in depth discussions that pay better and tend to only meet in the middle of the work day (again, because they require a facilitator, who is also being paid as their job, so I totally get only being during business hours) isn't the largest reason, obviously (indeed, the reason I'm doing this in the first place, on top of a full time job that pays pretty decently) is so I can retire early. But it is still something to look forward to. :D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

i've seen the same thing.  espically frustrating on the sites where you need to do a certain number of surveys a day to get points, then there aren't enough surveys to get your minimum number of points, which means you won't make full quota for the month.

On 4/30/2023 at 6:12 PM, cricket said:

This is the time that people are home and have more time to do surveys. People who work full time during the week may not have the time to do surveys at night or are too tired. I did about 4 surveys today, that's it. 

It is likely that the radio station you listen to on the weekend has no one in the studio.  Everything is voice-tracked ahead of time  and run by automation.  Why can't survey companies automate their functions? My guess is, they could but don't want to.