Top 10 Market Research Companies

majax79

Synovate tweeted this online article which I thought might interest some of you.

http://www.greenbookblog.org/2011/02/15/top-10-companies-perceived-to-be-innovative-grit-2010-sneak-peek/

I'm sure they are all innovative in the fact that they've lowered payouts for survey participants. That certainly is a new innovation over the last few years.

If you don't want to read the entire article, here is the Top 10 list. BrainJuicer came out on top:

Brainjuicer

TNS Global

Vision Critical

Synovate

Ipsos

Nielsen

Anderson Analytics

Itracks

GFK

Peanut Labs

Pinecone should be #1 because they have a system where you never dq from a survey.

That's the most innovative thing I've seen.

Besides, if Synovate is considered "Traditional" in method...how the heck is that "Innovative"? Isn't traditional the opposite of innovative?

I know that with Pinecone, it's only a matter of time before you are dropped from their site (some have lasted 6 years). I don't know if it's possible to register again after that.

I think Pinecone should be put at #1, they still pay $3.00 per survey and they even increased there speed to 1 day on payment after the survey is completed! :D

As for ISPOS, they have gone down hill big time! 95% of there surveys I never qualify for, heck I don't even answer one question on most anymore! I get the screen telling me how long and how many points if I complete, which isn't much anymore :evil:, then I hit next and then "were sorry you have been screened out of this survey"! Why even bother sending me the survey if they don't even ask me 1 question! :evil: Then I have noticed lately that they are trying to put in Freebie sweeps surveys! Then when you finally do hit there cash out level of $10, which seems to take forever to get to it, it takes them 4-6 months to get the payment to you!

Neilson, the last time I was there which was over a year ago, seemed to be nothing but Freebie Sweep surveys!

So I don't hold much confidence in this Top 10 poll! Somehow I don't think this is actually the people speaking! Seems like it is more money being slipped under the table to make there company look good in a rigged poll!

Brainjuicer

TNS Global

Vision Critical

Synovate

Ipsos

Nielsen

Anderson Analytics

Itracks

GFK

Peanut Labs

None of these would even be on my list, except maybe Synovate and they are way down the list. Synovate has some PTs but the pay is so low I don't even bother very often.

As far as the others, I dropped most of them long ago because they are a waste of time.

I think Pinecone should be put at #1, they still pay $3.00 per survey and they even increased there speed to 1 day on payment after the survey is completed! :D

As for ISPOS, they have gone down hill big time! 95% of there surveys I never qualify for, heck I don't even answer one question on most anymore! I get the screen telling me how long and how many points if I complete, which isn't much anymore :evil:, then I hit next and then "were sorry you have been screened out of this survey"! Why even bother sending me the survey if they don't even ask me 1 question! :evil: Then I have noticed lately that they are trying to put in Freebie sweeps surveys! Then when you finally do hit there cash out level of $10, which seems to take forever to get to it, it takes them 4-6 months to get the payment to you!

Neilson, the last time I was there which was over a year ago, seemed to be nothing but Freebie Sweep surveys!

So I don't hold much confidence in this Top 10 poll! Somehow I don't think this is actually the people speaking! Seems like it is more money being slipped under the table to make there company look good in a rigged poll!

Ipsos has raised their cash out payment to $15- so if ya thought $10 took a long time you ain't seen nothin yet!

I know that with Pinecone, it's only a matter of time before you are dropped from their site (some have lasted 6 years). I don't know if it's possible to register again after that.

That's good to know :(

Guess all good things really can't last forever.

Either that or it's people who don't care about getting paid fairly for their time.

Besides, a real top 10 would be one that had analysis of all the factors and features of companies like payout speed, cash out/redemption thresholds, survey frequency, business practices/BBB grade, etc.

Not a poll. Polls are just pure opinion - I'd like a little in-depth analysis as well as opinions.

I'm with Synovate and have had great results, but after reading about everyone's experiences w/them over the past few months, I'm thinking that my luck will probably run out. I tried Nielsen and they are just a sweeps site, so I nixed them. I'm trying to get at my cashout w/Ipsos so I can nix them too, but seem to be having the same crap with them as tsp1973, so might as well save myself the frustration. I tried signing up with Pinecone but received an email from them telling me they have enough surveyers from my area and will let me know when a slot is open. I have wanted to join Pinecone since day 1 and wish they'd "let me in." (lol) As for the others listed, never heard of them.

kblover...you're right about polls being opinions. I don't rely on polls, especially from survey companies, because I think it's the people who work for the survey companies giving their opinions, not the real survey takers. Hell, they're probably too afraid to "poll" us...they probably wouldn't like the results, huh? :-)

Yea, I'm not a fan of that top ten list, but sometimes I think Pinecone gets too much glory. Sure, they pay fast, and you always qualify; but how many surveys are you getting? Two years with them and the most I have ever got is 3 in one month. Most of the time, its 1 or 2. Ive done some decent product tests with them though, and a nice focus group. To be honest, I would rather have the option of saving up the 3 dollar payouts until I could buy a gallon or two of gas at least....

With Outpost, I probably get 3 surveys a day, (or more) and qual for a good percent of them....I even popped the 50 dollar instant win recently, and that was quite a surprise. They are a cut above the rest, and should be number 1 on a lot of lists. If you look closely while doing the surveys for Pinecone, you'll notice "Neilson Research" is sometimes in fine print thru the survey. I think they are affiliated, and it's quite possible that thats why Neilson is in the top 10 list. Can anyone confirm?

Yea, I'm not a fan of that top ten list, but sometimes I think Pinecone gets too much glory. Sure, they pay fast, and you always qualify; but how many surveys are you getting? Two years with them and the most I have ever got is 3 in one month. Most of the time, its 1 or 2.

I've gotten 5+ in month. Heck, I got 4 in a two week period not long ago. Just did another one. And don't forget the "household surveys" actually seem to matter in that you'll get a survey that MATCHES you, you're not just giving away free info. Never seen that anywhere else. I just save it up in my paypal account, and then cash that into my bank account once in a while.

Besides, what's the point of tons of surveys if:

-most don't pay

-you don't qualify for most

-both of the above?

#2 is what make Opinion Outpost for me the exact opposite of your view of it. I have qualified, literally, for around 10% of their surveys.