What is clorine?

SuzanneES

I've seen "clorine" listed as a choice for questions such as, "Which of the following beverages do you regularly consume?" Whenever I try to find out what clorine is, I can find only chlorine, which everyone knows you can't drink. Is clorine some kind of drink I've never heard of or is it supposed to be chlorine?

It's "chlorine".  "Clorine" is a misspelling cooked up by the idiot who wrote the survey.

• Like 2

Oh My.  I have not seen that word used yet and I would have wondered especially if you were asked if you drink it. 

I have found many misspellings on surveys. They happen because the dopes who write the surveys do very little proofreading.

11 hours ago, ConnecticutMarc said:

I have found many misspellings on surveys. They happen because the dopes who write the surveys do very little proofreading.

Some can be attributed to that or being foreign.

• Like 2

Ok, I thought it was probably a typo, but I keep finding things on surveys I didn't know about that do exist. And I know chlorine is a gas in its natural state, but it can be processed through pressurization and cooling to turn it into a liquid. I was thinking of chlorine bleach, anyway.

3 hours ago, SuzanneES said:

Ok, I thought it was probably a typo, but I keep finding things on surveys I didn't know about that do exist. And I know chlorine is a gas in its natural state, but it can be processed through pressurization and cooling to turn it into a liquid. I was thinking of chlorine bleach, anyway.

Actually , plain chlorine bleach is a solution of sodium hypochlorite and water.

• 4 weeks later...

Most likely added as a "if you're checking everything blindly, you're a bot or not paying attention" check. I've seen that plenty - non-drinkable things in list of drinks you've drunk in the past month, "magic beans" as a response to what you've bought recently, "the moon" as a place you may or may not have traveled recently, etc. That is pretty dumb (but not really surprising) that they misspelled it, though.

• Like 1

Yeah it's a very obvious trick question. When I used to bother with Your-Surveys, I'd get that question and many other trick questions practically every day. For instance, they'd also ask if you've ever eaten elephant eggs or watched an episode of Survivor: Mars.