Web Perspectives in Canada Beware New Cash out Rules!

greeneyeddevils

Hey everyone,

If anyone is with Web Perspectives in Canada & you go to cash out & redeem for any reward you now have to prove who you are & download any piece of picture ID from a drivers license to a passport or an ID card...I tried to cash out yesterday & had a screen pop up lettting me know this...you can't redeem anything now without proof...So you can get an app to download your ID or scan a QR code to get it done...they must've been having alot of problems with redeeming for them to go this route...anyone else seen this on there? or for that matter any other survey sites doing this now?

Green

Valued Opinions makes you show them your ID before  you can cash out too, and they only let you check out for a $20 GC each time you check out.  I have $120 in my account there, but I am not crazy about giving them my ID.  I have not gotten any surveys from them for a while anyway.

BTW- I live in the Chicago area, and the air here has been awful because of all the smoke from the wildfires in Nova Scotia.  We finally got some rain today, which helped dissipate the smoke.

9 hours ago, NFriday said:

Valued Opinions makes you show them your ID before  you can cash out too, and they only let you check out for a $20 GC each time you check out.  I have $120 in my account there, but I am not crazy about giving them my ID.  I have not gotten any surveys from them for a while anyway.

BTW- I live in the Chicago area, and the air here has been awful because of all the smoke from the wildfires in Nova Scotia.  We finally got some rain today, which helped dissipate the smoke.

I wasn't happy about giving my ID either but I want me rewards that I've earned...Yes the wildfires are really bad & the smoke was bad where I live yesterday...was a big haze all over..smells like an ongoing campfire most of the day...hopefully the can get some rain to ease some of these soon 

I have not had to give ID yet on any of my sites. Smoke is bad in Minnesota and we have had at least 25 days of air quality alert. I feel for the ones in Canada.

We got too much rain yesterday in Chicago, but we were really desperate for rain, but not 6 inches of rain. At least it got rid of most of the smoke.  NASCAR did a road race in Chicago yesterday, and they had to delay it for three hours because of all the rain that downtown Chicago got yesterday.  

• 3 weeks later...