Remember 9/11

Sandy21

I lived outside of New York City when the towers fell, actually  watched the second tower fall from my back deck. I lived in  bedroom community that lost many people that never came home again. That included 3 neighbors and 2 good friends. Their cars sat at our local train station until family members could bring themselves to bring the cars home many days later.

Please take a moment out of your busy day to remember the lives lost during all the terrorist attacks on that horrific day 22 years ago. Also, please honor all those brave first responders on that fateful day.

• Like 1

When I first heard of what had happened, the first plane had hit one of the buildings. At that point, I thought it was an.  accident. I said to myself, "Well, it finally happened. Some pilot who was either daydreaming or not paying attention to air traffic control did that". While I was then watching it on TV, the second plane hit the other building. Then I knew it was terrorism.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ConnecticutMarc said:

When I first heard of what had happened, the first plane had hit one of the buildings. At that point, I thought it was an.  accident. I said to myself, "Well, it finally happened. Some pilot who was either daydreaming or not paying attention to air traffic control did that". While I was then watching it on TV, the second plane hit the other building. Then I knew it was terrorism.

I think a lot of people thought the same thing you did...

• Like 1

The reason that at first I thought it was an accident was because about 50 years ago a Japanese or Korean pilot, flying a 747. making his first trip to NYC, came in too low over Northern NJ and was headed directly at the WTC. At the last minute, air traffic control screamed at him to pull up. He did & missed the top of the WTC by a few hundred feet.

• Like 1