Amazon changing $ required for free shipping

NFriday

Hi- I know most of the people here get Amazon GC while doing surveys.  I get emails from Consumer Checkbook, and in their latest email yesterday, they mentioned that in some zip codes Amazon has raised the dollar amount required to get free shipping.  I know many of you have Prime, and so that would not matter, but for those people like me that do not have prime, they have always required you to purchase $25 to get free shipping.  In some zip codes, they are requiring people to spend $35 to get free shipping.  It is strange, because if you live in Manhattan, you only have to spend $25 to get free shipping, but if you live in Brooklyn, you have to spend $35 to get free shipping.  I have not checked my zip code yet to see if the amount to get free shipping has changed.  I almost always spend at least $35 when I place an order at Amazon anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just checked, and Amazon is only requiring me to spend $25 to get free shipping.  BTW Amazon is having a Prime Deals thing on 10/10, and 10/11.  I don't know if it is as good as prime days is.

I have no problem spending even $35 at Amazon.  The only reason I shop there so much is because I get lots of GC for doing surveys, and so if I can get something for free then I don't have to chase the sales.  

I just did an order on Amazon, and my free shipping level has gone up to $35.  I spent $104, and so I was way over it.

I got a weird email from Best Buy telling me about Amazon deal days Oct. 10-12.  I don't know why they would promote that.  They were promoting a few of the things Amazon is going to have on sale.  There was nothing there I was interested in.

On 9/29/2023 at 8:00 PM, NFriday said:

I have no problem spending even $35 at Amazon.  The only reason I shop there so much is because I get lots of GC for doing surveys, and so if I can get something for free then I don't have to chase the sales.  

That is exactly why I shop so much on Amazon. My GC's even paid for my prime membership. Everything i buy there is free since Amazon GC's are all I cash our for anymore. ( I learned my lesson after losing  hundreds of dollars in GC's from BBB when they went belly up) I don't even have a credit card on file  with Amazon.

Due to the Amazon GC's i no longer chase sales as well.

22 hours ago, NFriday said:

I just did an order on Amazon, and my free shipping level has gone up to $35.  I spent $104, and so I was way over it.

I got a weird email from Best Buy telling me about Amazon deal days Oct. 10-12.  I don't know why they would promote that.  They were promoting a few of the things Amazon is going to have on sale.  There was nothing there I was interested in.

Hmmm  Really strange they'd promote that. And it's only for prime members. But our entire world in upside down nowadays so not much surprises me anymore.