I have an Amazon question?

NFriday

I have an Amazon question.  I just ordered $103.00 worth of stuff at Amazon a few minutes ago.  Do they deduct the amount from your balance when you place the order, or just before they ship?  If they deduct it just before you ship, then I am short $1.  I can't remember how much I have in my Amazon account.  I should wait until 10/10 when they have Amazon days, but I ordered a mouse pad, some eye drops, and some omega 3 pills, and I doubt they are going to be on sale, and I desperately need a new mouse pad.  BTW- Amazon now requires me to purchase $35 before I get free shipping.  

I just googled the question, and it sounds like they deduct the amount from my account when it is ready to ship.  I ended up putting $30 in Amazon GC from my Microsoft Reward account to cover the amount.  It took me forever to figure out how to set up my Microsoft Reward account so I can do this.  I finally had to give them my cell phone number before I could take anything out of my account.  I am not getting my stuff for another week unless I want to pay for express shipping.

Amazon appears to deduct the amount I have spent from my GC balance as soon. as I place the order. But I think this is because  I am a prime member and I get mostly everything in one or two days. 

I was under the impression that Prime Big Deal Days,  October 10th and 11th, is only for prime members. Maybe I am wrong..

Amazon did take the money out right away.  I was scheduled to get my stuff on 10/9, but I am getting it today instead.  Prime big deal days is only for people on Prime, but if I see something, I can sign up for a 30-day free trial if I see anything I want.

• Like 1