Can Anyone Anawer This Question About Amazon?

Sandy21

I have been an Amazon Prime member for a very long time. I take advantage of just about all that Prime offers and think it's a great deal. for me.

One thing they no longer offer is sharing the prime shipping benefit of the Prime membership  with relatives that live outside of your household. I think they dropped this 3 or maybe 4 years ago. Now you can only share with those who live in your household. 

Here is the strange thing. The two relatives with whom I shared my Prime shipping STILL have Prime shipping. Is it grandfathered or what? I would think that once they dropped that benefit those people would no longer have Prime shipping. But they do..

I am wondering how long this will go on for my brother and sister. Every time they order something from Amazon they figure they'll  have regular shipping  bit Prime shipping continues. I am not complaining but it seems very odd..

What's your take on this?

I don't want to rock the boat. I assume Amazon knows about this but I am afraid to ask, thinking that they might take away this perk if I do. So I leave well enough alone.

I just thought that maybe someone here on SP  might  know what was going on with this.

Isnt it a good thing that they still have it? If your disabled or on welfare the prime membership is like 6$ a month. My husband is on disability and i order from here many times a day. I didn't back when they had the benefits you speak of... I didn't even know they could do that for people at different addresses. Idk why they would. That sounds like taking all potential members and giving them only really great benefit for free but even the shipping isnt that good. I mean yes it's free but the prices  by sellers are marked so differently that you can get something for 11 on prime or something for 8$ and 3$ shipping by a third party seller.... or cheaper. And the prime thing says next day delivery but when u hit buy, if you dont have 35$ total you might miss a different, random delivery date pop in there before you put order in. Sometimes im thinking a delivery will be here in a day, i look to see and its all the way down like a week from now. Then i realized it must have changed and i didn't notice. They even have a cancel order option of "wont be shipped in time" like they know 

On 10/28/2023 at 9:51 PM, Envy6454 said:

Isnt it a good thing that they still have it? If your disabled or on welfare the prime membership is like 6$ a month. My husband is on disability and i order from here many times a day. I didn't back when they had the benefits you speak of... I didn't even know they could do that for people at different addresses. Idk why they would. That sounds like taking all potential members and giving them only really great benefit for free but even the shipping isnt that good. I mean yes it's free but the prices  by sellers are marked so differently that you can get something for 11 on prime or something for 8$ and 3$ shipping by a third party seller.... or cheaper. And the prime thing says next day delivery but when u hit buy, if you dont have 35$ total you might miss a different, random delivery date pop in there before you put order in. Sometimes im thinking a delivery will be here in a day, i look to see and its all the way down like a week from now. Then i realized it must have changed and i didn't notice. They even have a cancel order option of "wont be shipped in time" like they know 

Of course it's a good thing that those family members NOT living with me that got prime delivery through my account years ago still have it. This benefit is no longer offered unless the people are in your household.

I wonder if it is an oversight on the part of Amazon, which I strongly doubt. Just seems totally strange that a benefit only offered years ago still continues. 

Every time one of my siblings orders something from Amazon they expect the prime shipping to disappear. Hopefully it will stay there forever.

I love Amazon too. I do try to only order items shipped by Amazon or those that have prime shipping. I don’t deal with third parties unless the shipping is free and the item isn't going to take to long to arrive.