surveys that turn into REAL auctions

elsielc

in the last few months i've started surveys that eventually say 'you are now going to participate in a REAL auction'.  you really do make bids and you HAVE to buy the product you bid on.  you can opt out, but you have wasted your time taking the survey in the first place, only to be roped into buying something.  this is not what is supposed to happen in these surveys.

4 hours ago, elsielc said:

in the last few months i've started surveys that eventually say 'you are now going to participate in a REAL auction'.  you really do make bids and you HAVE to buy the product you bid on.  you can opt out, but you have wasted your time taking the survey in the first place, only to be roped into buying something.  this is not what is supposed to happen in these surveys.

Had that in the past and don't participate

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That's wacky. Every once in a while I've seen surveys that say "you have $x, you can participate in this auction or not, either you'll get $x, or x minus what you spent and an item if you win". I never care at all about the supposed item, so I just say I'm not interested. I've never seen a survey that required that I use my own money to bid, nor one that screens you out if you don't bid. That's insane.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1