Rare bad experience with Fortright

NFriday

I have been sitting on a lot of Fortright surveys.  I finally decided to do some of them, and all of them were closed.  Then they asked me if I wanted to try some other surveys, and I said yes.  I ended up doing a partner survey that took me over an hour, and I was paid $.50 for it.  When I finished that one, I noticed that I had a new Fortright survey worth $2.50 that I had just gotten.  It was from a University, but I forget which one.  First they asked me to download Inquisit software, which I was hesitant about doing.  I finally decided to download it, but after I downloaded it, I found out that part of the survey was only worth $.75.  It took me forever to download the software.  Then I tried to do the survey, and I could not figure out how I was suppose to complete the study.   Did anybody else get this survey?  I decided to not complete the survey.  

I am not a member of this panel but after what you said, although rare, I would not consider them. I am just so sick of these antics from survey sites that I only belong to three panels now and am about to quit one. Sorry this happened to you!

I just completed the study.  It was by Lehigh University.  I just thought the study started on the first page, but the first page only mentioned what the study was about.  Actually it was interesting.  I got $2.50 for the first part of the study, and I will get the second half next month.  You just had to do something really fast, and there were times when I did not give the correct answer because I was anxious.  The survey I got $.50 for was a partner survey, and it just reminded me why I do not do their partner surveys.  It took me over an hour.  

I am going to keep doing Fortright surveys though.  Usually they are very interested, and they pay at least $1.50.  I had one today that was going to pay me $4.50, and involved looking at a video of a tv show.  I watched the video, and then it asked me a few questions, but it then decided I was not eligible for the survey.  It was okay though because after you do three of their surveys you get an additional $2, and so I at least got something.  It was a semi interesting video.

• Like 1

I've never had an issue with a first-party-hosted survey from Forthright. On the other hand, if you're ever asked whether you would like to do a "partner" survey from them, nope right out of there immediately. Their first-party surveys are generally great. Their "partner" surveys are almost always absolute trash. You also only get the extra effectively 66 cents per survey ($2 for every 3) on first-party surveys, making it even more only worth it doing those. (Forthright itself is one of a very small handful of sites I wholeheartedly recommend to people - I just tell them to immediately ignore any invite from them that says "partner" on it. :p)

• Like 1