Incorrect Compensation Given After Completing a Survey

Sandy21

I received an email today from Tellwut promising me 600 points for a survey. Somehow the  survey wasn't already closed. It usually is 99% of the time even if I immediately try taking the survey as soon as the email arrives. I spent a half hour taking the survey. It was supposed to take 20 minutes but as we all know this happens far too often. 

After finally completing the survey I was thanked for taking it and given 75 points, not 600. After a half hours waste of time I was really angry so I wrote to Tellwut, CS, which I usually don't  do.anymore.. I included a copy of the email invitation and what the survey was about.  explaining my problem. I am hoping this time they give me the 525 points I earned.

It often happens that I am under-compensated for a survey, but usually by 25 to 50 points. That is a scam but part of the game. But 525 points is ridiculous.

Has anything like this ever happened to you?

Not for that much of a variance , but have had cases where the points received were less (75 vs. 100) as well as where they were slightly higher.

Not exactly the same , but have had surveys (J D Power especially) that gave a DQ upon completion and i grabbed a screen shot of the "completed" message. Emailed the site with the image and have always gotten credit.

• Like 1

I am not happy. I got an email from Tellwut this AM, "sorry for the inconvenience, etc" and instead of the 525 points, they only gave me 75 points. I am still shorted 450 points. Why do we have to fight for everything? Guess I'll have to email yet again. What a waste of time..

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

After spending a considerable amount of time on a survey just yesterday, being told I would receive 1 dollar for each photo of skincare I posted that I use, I was only given the initial proposed pay out from the survey. Guess I should be grateful for that.. hmmm

2 hours ago, Mommabear said:

After spending a considerable amount of time on a survey just yesterday, being told I would receive 1 dollar for each photo of skincare I posted that I use, I was only given the initial proposed pay out from the survey. Guess I should be grateful for that.. hmmm

We've learned to accept whatever  we get, if anything.  Sad indeed!

• Like 1

yes, I've had Telwut short me a considerable amount of points on several occasions.  They made it right once and the other time it was just ignored.  If they do that only a few times a day, their compensation would reflect more for them and less for us survey takers.  We have to fight for everything we have coming b/c if companies can cheat us, my experience has been that they will.

25 minutes ago, sue123 said:

yes, I've had Telwut short me a considerable amount of points on several occasions.  They made it right once and the other time it was just ignored.  If they do that only a few times a day, their compensation would reflect more for them and less for us survey takers.  We have to fight for everything we have coming b/c if companies can cheat us, my experience has been that they will.

You are so very right in EVERYTHING you say. I do try to chase down points whenever I think it's worth it.

Tonight I took a Tellwut survey for 100 points plus the bonus 50, was thanked for completing the survey. I took a screenshot of it as I usually do. But when I was taken back to Tellwut I got the message that happens far too often nowadays. that the survey is full, they reached their maximum number or whatnot. I KNOW I should have contacted CS but I just didn't feel like the constant back and forth. I am just so tired of it and I KNOW these sites depend on us giving up and accepting nonpayment. I'm guilty of falling into their trap. :(

I