Had To Laugh At This Survey Response...

greeneyeddevils

I had to laugh as I was doing this survey...has anyone seen this before?? My rant is if I'm giving you all the info you need why do you care how fast I respond?? I type fast...I'm not using one finger to type so what's the issue here??? I'm giving you honest responses but because I can type fast I get a response like this...lolsurvey.thumb.jpg.0830af164dde0a53c5e6eeff5d6e7baf.jpg

• Haha 2

It is interesting that they give warnings for going too fast when a lot of the panels ask the same set of questions over and over again.  I know what they are going to ask and I kind of have the speed down since I know what the answers are going to be.

• Like 1

On 11/16/2023 at 8:37 AM, greeneyeddevils said:

I had to laugh as I was doing this survey...has anyone seen this before?? My rant is if I'm giving you all the info you need why do you care how fast I respond?? I type fast...I'm not using one finger to type so what's the issue here??? I'm giving you honest responses but because I can type fast I get a response like this...lolsurvey.thumb.jpg.0830af164dde0a53c5e6eeff5d6e7baf.jpg

Yes.. I have got that one too especially recently. I guess they think because of my age I should be thinking slower...

• Like 1

At least they didn't immediately disqualify you, or worse, immediately record your submission as invalid and tell the survey company you were "rushing"... it always drives me crazy when requesters have totally arbitrary metrics and think anyone who goes faster than that arbitrary metric is somehow not paying attention, rather than just reading fast + has seen basic demographic questions approximately a million times already... I've had to fight people on Prolific to un-reject work several times for that reason. (And it's specifically in Prolific's guidelines to not do that!)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I usually have 5 to 6 tabs open each with a separate survey, then I answer one question on 1st tab then move to 2nd tab. Sometimes I forget what the survey was about but at least I don't get the SLOW DOWN crap! I don't even read the question because the answers give it away, What is your sex? Man, Woman and 37 other answers!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, hofertennis said:

I usually have 5 to 6 tabs open each with a separate survey, then I answer one question on 1st tab then move to 2nd tab. Sometimes I forget what the survey was about but at least I don't get the SLOW DOWN crap! I don't even read the question because the answers give it away, What is your sex? Man, Woman and 37 other answers!

I always wondered if anyone else did this.  I use the same strategy! It also keeps me from getting bored to death on the nightmare surveys with rows and rows of bubble answers!

I don't take multiple surveys at the same time. It honestly sounds like a nightmare to have to keep track of all your answers in multiple surveys all at once, and in my case at least, I'd probably screw up eventually. Not to mention that it would feel like cheating to me and as annoying as some surveys are, I'd rather spend time answering annoying questions one at a time than put myself in a position where I might be labeled as a cheater.

• Like 1

I am sure the survey companies do not want you doing Five Surveys at one time.  There was a Flavor Adventure game that Albertson's put on, and you were also able to play the game online without buying anything.  There were people that had ten screens going at the same time to speed up the game.

13 hours ago, NFriday said:

I could never keep track of five surveys at one time.  You are supposed to read the question.

Also , some seem to be able to note if a user is doing more than one at a time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, I only take one survey at a time myself. I remember reading that survey providers don't want you doing more than one at a time. As far as the speed thing, I used to be really bad about speed. One thing I do is make sure I spend about 5 or more seconds on each page. Now, they can't really say I speed. I've also found myself able to complete more (relevant) surveys, and if I am disqualified (important to be honest), it is strictly because either the survey is not relevant (happens), or they have gotten all the responses they wanted (so annoying). 

But don't go too slow, that could be a sign of inattentiveness as well (ask how I know :razz:).