MyPoints

Oshawott

So I've been a member of mypoints for about 2 months now and really enjoyed their site until recently. Today in particular I encountered a problem; every time I've tried taking surveys within the past hour I've been sent to Prsrvy to take a preliminary survey, and it's happened over 20 times in a row. To make matters worse after answering all their questions I'm immediately sent to Swagbucks' registration page and told that I didn't qualify for the survey, but given a chance to sign up for Swagbucks. This is really suspicious considering that previously whenever I didn't qualify for a survey I'd just get sent back to mypoints. I realize that Swagbucks is a partner site to mypoints, but that doesn't explain why I keep being sent to a different site in a seemingly endless loop.

I sent a message to MyPoints' staff... only I was told that it could take 30 days to receive a reply. Are they kidding?! Has anyone else experienced this or am I the only one? Is this is a glitch or something more?

1 hour ago, Oshawott said:

So I've been a member of MyPoints for about 2 months now and really enjoyed their site until recently. Today in particular I encountered a problem; every time I've tried taking surveys within the past hour I've been sent to Prsrvy to take a preliminary survey, and it's happened over 20 times in a row. To make matters worse after answering all their questions I'm immediately sent to Swagbucks' registration page and told that I didn't qualify for the survey, but given a chance to sign up for Swagbucks. This is really suspicious considering that previously whenever I didn't qualify for a survey I'd just get sent back to MyPoints. I realize that Swagbucks is a partner site to MyPoints, but that doesn't explain why I keep being sent to a different site in a seemingly endless loop.

I sent a message to MyPoints' staff... only I was told that it could take 30 days to receive a reply. Are they kidding?! Has anyone else experienced this or am I the only one? Is this is a glitch or something more?

Sorry to hear you're going through that.. 30 days?? I can't remember if I've ever been a member of that site- your experience sounds a little like what I went through last Sunday on Prime Opinions.. somehow these sites are all entangled with each other

17 hours ago, Oshawott said:

So I've been a member of mypoints for about 2 months now and really enjoyed their site until recently. Today in particular I encountered a problem; every time I've tried taking surveys within the past hour I've been sent to Prsrvy to take a preliminary survey, and it's happened over 20 times in a row. To make matters worse after answering all their questions I'm immediately sent to Swagbucks' registration page and told that I didn't qualify for the survey, but given a chance to sign up for Swagbucks. This is really suspicious considering that previously whenever I didn't qualify for a survey I'd just get sent back to mypoints. I realize that Swagbucks is a partner site to mypoints, but that doesn't explain why I keep being sent to a different site in a seemingly endless loop.

You're not alone. Have had that happen periodically. Just took it in stride. As far as getting a response , in my experience they have responded within a few days at most.

3 hours ago, episemion said:

You're not alone. Have had that happen periodically. Just took it in stride. As far as getting a response , in my experience they have responded within a few days at most.

Did the problem resolve on its own? If so how long did it take? Because it's still happening to me almost 24 hours after it first started. I haven't seen anyone on social media mention the issue so I'm assuming it's only happening on my end. I dunno whether to wait it out or just close my account and make a new one. 

20 hours ago, Oshawott said:

Did the problem resolve on its own? If so how long did it take? Because it's still happening to me almost 24 hours after it first started. I haven't seen anyone on social media mention the issue so I'm assuming it's only happening on my end. I dunno whether to wait it out or just close my account and make a new one. 

Still happens periodically , but is quite infrequent.

Well it's officially been a week and the problem still hasn't been resolved. I don't know if it's just happening to me, but I'm gonna assume it is otherwise mypoints probably would've fixed it by now. Their customer support staff did eventually respond to me on Thursday, but neither of their responses were any help and the gist of their replies was that they're not responsible for which surveys members get sent to. Also when I pointed out how unhelpful they were and if they could put me in contact with Prsrvy's customer support at least, they ignored me since Friday. Which means I have to contact Swagbucks themselves now since I don't know how to contact Prsrvy. This whole ordeal is a mess and I don't expect Swagbucks to be of any help.

Does anyone know any alternative survey sites that pay decently and don't require ID verification? 

On 11/28/2023 at 4:03 AM, Lab6689 said:

not just you i've been stuck in the same loop and gotten the same redirects to Swagbucks or back to the survey page for both mypoints and Inbox Dollars.  I've cleared cache/cookies and it's helped.  I've also tried on my cell phone not on wifi but cell data and have completed surveys

Actually Lab6689 you're right, clearing cookies/cache/site data on the Prsrvy site does seem to work. Thanks for your advice; it's kinda funny to me that a complete stranger was more helpful to me than MyPoints' own customer service representatives. :p

I belong to both mypoints and Swagbucks, they are owned by the same company (Prodege LLC). I do redeem points mostly on Amazon and PayPal but lately my points have been accumulating alot and I am at my record high for both of them and still climbing. I always just try to make the "Yeah" for the day. I have over 137K points on Swagbucks and over 187K points on mypoints so far. And that's probably because I get free stuff from Amazon anyway because I belong to Amazon Vine.

• 2 months later...

I am unhappy with mypoints implementing a cap of 25 disqualification points per day.  Is anyone else experiencing this in the last 2 days?  Prior to that I was earning nearly 1000 points a day, and over half were disqualifications.  I am planning to submit more tickets when I complete 85% of a survey and get disqualified late in the survey.  Anyone else seeing this?

12 hours ago, nanbym said:

I am unhappy with mypoints implementing a cap of 25 disqualification points per day.  Is anyone else experiencing this in the last 2 days?  Prior to that I was earning nearly 1000 points a day, and over half were disqualifications.  I am planning to submit more tickets when I complete 85% of a survey and get disqualified late in the survey.  Anyone else seeing this?

The 5 DQs per day has been there for some time now.

On 2/18/2024 at 9:06 AM, nanbym said:

I have had that as long as I can remember.  At least we get some ponits.