What Is Your Theory

Sandy21

Survey sites have all of the information about  us. Yet we get survey upon survey fir which we don't qualify.

I wasted an hour today being disqualified from 20 surveys on one site. Such a waste of time.

Why do you suppose we get so many surveys for which we don’t qualify?

• Like 3

I have come to the conclusion recently that survey writers are a pack of malicious idiots that want to make surveys as difficult and unpleasant as possible.

• Like 1

I dunno. Every time I've signed up to a survey panel they have me fill out a basic profile with all sorts of personal information which they keep on-file in order to match users with the most relevant surveys, yet I still get DQ'd by half of them. It's been this way for as long as I can remember.

But what I dislike more than surveys DQ'ing me is when a survey will ask you if you want to participate in an additional study and they ask for your name and email (and sometimes phone number), yet many times they don't contact you at all. So what was the point? 

• Like 3

95% of the time, YouGov does not DQ me.  I only get an average of two surveys a week though, and a lot of them are only worth 100, or 250 points, and so it takes me at least six months to cash out for a $50 Amazon GC.  Their surveys are usually interesting though.  There are a lot of political surveys.  Fortright also does not DQ me usually.as long as I do the surveys right away, but their partner surveys usually DQ me, and I don't usually do those.    Valued Opinions and Clear Voice often DQ me.

• Like 2

I'm not sure. Maybe they are trying to see if our answers are consistent and match our profile, or they are looking for a very specific demographic, or they are just trying to get free opinions as some go beyond the basic screener questions, asking about things like food, TV streaming, vacation plans, etc. etc.

• Like 1

I have nothing that doesn't have holes in it so wide that a big computer can fall through it. I do believe that some of the surveys are scams (Typically surveys that let you complete it and then tell you that you have completed and just stays on the final "complete" page and doesn't redirect you back to your panel. You have to close it and walk away empty handed).

There could be a server malfunction. Personally, if I find that I am getting disqualified a lot on one panel (5-10 times in a row), then I walk away and maybe try my luck at another panel. Surveys are very sensitive apparently. Even if you "qualify", one mistake could get you disqualified and even banned (geez!!!). 

I've learned to just spend at least 5 seconds on pages (for pages with a lot of words, I spend upwards of 20 seconds). For written responses, I make sure that it is grammatically correct. LOL!!! 

Come on guys, you're making 5 cents every 30 minutes, you need to work for it. LOL!!! 

• Haha 2